The New York Mets will look to pick up their 44th win of the season when they take on the Miami Marlins (28-34) Saturday. The game begins at 4:10 PM ET, with the Mets listed as -193 favorites on the moneyline. Taijuan Walker will get the ball for New York while Miami counter with Braxton Garrett.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Marlins Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+165) and Over (8.5)
Mets vs. Marlins Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Taijuan Walker
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Braxton Garrett
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Taijuan Walker
- Walker makes the start for the Mets, his 11th of the season. He is 4-2 with a 3.08 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 52 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, when the right-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing six hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.08, with 6 strikeouts per nine innings, in 10 games this season. Opponents are hitting .249 against him.
- Walker is trying to pick up his fourth quality start of the season in this game.
- Walker is seeking his eighth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 frames per appearance on the mound.
- The opposing Marlins offense has a collective .242 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 508 total hits and 15th in MLB action with 280 runs scored. It has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.398) and ranks 13th in home runs (70) in all of MLB.
Marlins Starter Braxton Garrett
- Garrett heads to the mound for the Marlins to make his third start of the season, seeking his second win.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw 5 2/3 innings against the Houston Astros, giving up no earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 4.00, a 5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.444.
- Garrett has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings one time. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Mets have scored 337 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .263 for the campaign with 63 home runs, 18th in the league.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won 34, or 69.4%, of the 49 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, New York has won five of its six games when favored by at least -193 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 65.9%.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 35 of 68 chances this season.
- The Mets are 40-26-0 ATS in their 66 games with a spread this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins have been chosen as underdogs in 35 games this year and have walked away with the win 12 times (34.3%) in those games.
- This year, Miami has won one of three games when listed as at least +165 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Marlins have a 37.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Miami have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 32 of 62 chances this season.
- The Marlins have an against the spread record of 32-30-0 in 62 games with a line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets in home runs (19) and runs batted in (63).
- Among all MLB hitters, Alonso is 31st in batting average, 29th in on-base percentage, and 10th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .243 with nine doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 27 walks.
- Lindor ranks 44th in home runs and fourth in RBI among all major league hitters this season.
- Lindor enters this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Jeff McNeil leads the Mets with a team-high batting average of .324.
- McNeil is on a five-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .471 with a double, a home run, two walks and four RBI.
- Starling Marte has 11 doubles, two triples, seven home runs and 11 walks while hitting .274.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm paces the Marlins in home runs (13) and runs batted in (41).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Chisholm’s home run total ranks 20th and his RBI tally is 19th.
- Jorge Soler has 13 doubles, 12 home runs and 27 walks while batting .223.
- Soler is 26th among all hitters in MLB in homers, and 72nd in RBI.
- Garrett Cooper leads the Marlins’ lineup with a .315 batting average.
- Miguel Rojas is hitting .225 with six doubles, a triple, five home runs and 13 walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Marlins
We have the Marlins on the moneyline at +165 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price