The New York Mets (23-12), led by Brandon Nimmo on a 10-game hitting streak, will meet the Seattle Mariners (15-19) Sunday at Citi Field. The Mets are -135 favorites for the matchup, which starts at 1:40 PM ET. New York’s Carlos Carrasco and Seattle’s Robbie Ray have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+115) and Over (7)
Mets vs. Mariners Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Carlos Carrasco
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Robbie Ray
- Game Day: Sunday, May 15, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Carlos Carrasco
- Carrasco (3-1) takes the mound for the Mets in his seventh start of the season. He’s put together a 3.19 ERA in 36 2/3 innings pitched, with 33 strikeouts.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Washington Nationals, when he went 6 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 35-year-old has a 3.19 ERA and 8.1 strikeouts per nine innings across six games this season, while allowing a batting average of .225 to opposing hitters.
- Carrasco is seeking his third straight quality start.
- Carrasco will try to prolong a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 innings per appearance).
- He will face off against a Mariners team that is hitting .228 as a unit (23rd in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .364 (19th in MLB) with 32 total home runs (13th in MLB).
- The 35-year-old ranks 32nd in ERA (3.19), 19th in WHIP (1.009), and 28th in K/9 (8.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Mariners Starter Robbie Ray
- Ray (3-3) will take to the mound for the Mariners and make his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed two hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Philadelphia Phillies on Wednesday.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 4.22 and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .223.
- He has started seven games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Ray has seven starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets are batting .250 this season, fifth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .375 (16th in the league) with 28 home runs.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 30-year-old’s 4.22 ERA ranks 47th, 1.172 WHIP ranks 32nd, and 8.6 K/9 ranks 23rd.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have been favored 31 times and won 21, or 67.7%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 12-7 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -135 on the moneyline.
- The Mets have a 57.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 36 games with a total this season.
- In 35 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 21-14-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been chosen as underdogs in 23 games this year and have walked away with the win eight times (34.8%) in those games.
- This season, Seattle has come away with a win two times in 12 chances when named as an underdog of at least +115 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 46.5% chance of pulling out a win.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 17 of their 34 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 34 games with a line this season, the Mariners have a mark of 18-16-0 against the spread.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Mets best power option comes in the form of Pete Alonso and his eight-home-run 29-RBI season, both team highs.
- Including all MLB hitters, Alonso is 48th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage, and 25th in slugging.
- Starling Marte is batting .261 with seven doubles, a triple, three home runs and five walks.
- Marte ranks 97th in homers and 31st in RBI in the bigs.
- Marte heads into this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .238 with two doubles and a triple.
- Francisco Lindor has six doubles, five home runs and 14 walks while batting .231.
- Nimmo is hitting .299 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 20 walks.
- Nimmo is riding a 10-game hitting streak into this one. During his last 10 games he is batting .389 with two doubles, seven walks and two RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Mariners are lead in runs batted in by Ty France with a mark of 25, he also leads the team in hitting, posting an average of .328.
- Among all hitters in the majors, France’s home run total is 41st and his RBI tally is eighth.
- France brings a hitting streak of four games into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .389 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .327 with seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 14 walks.
- Crawford is 60th among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 139th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .254 with eight doubles, a triple, a home run and 14 walks.
- Jesse Winker is batting .217 with five doubles, two home runs and 20 walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Mariners
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +115. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price