The New York Mets will look to pick up their 23rd win of the season when they take on the Seattle Mariners (15-18) Saturday. The game begins at 7:10 PM ET, with the Mets listed as -168 favorites on the moneyline. Chris Bassitt starts for New York while George Kirby is Seattle’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+144) and Over (7.5)
Mets vs. Mariners Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: George Kirby
- Game Day: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- The Mets will send Bassitt (4-2) to the mound to make his seventh start of the season. He is 4-2 with a 2.45 ERA and 38 strikeouts through 36 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Sunday against the Philadelphia Phillies, the right-hander threw 5 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering five hits.
- The 33-year-old has a 2.45 ERA and 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings in six games this season, while giving up a batting average of .197 to his opponents.
- Bassitt is trying to collect his fifth quality start of the season.
- Bassitt will look to extend a seven-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 innings per appearance).
- He meets a Mariners offense that ranks 19th in the league with 127 runs while batting .227 as a unit. It has a collective .364 slugging percentage (18th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 31 home runs (11th in MLB).
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 33-year-old’s 2.45 ERA ranks 15th, .955 WHIP ranks 12th, and 9.3 K/9 ranks 21st.
Mariners Starter George Kirby
- Kirby heads to the mound for the Mariners to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw six scoreless innings while allowing four hits against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- He has an ERA of .00, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of .667 in one games this season.
- The Mets rank seventh in MLB with 148 runs scored this season. They have a .251 batting average this campaign with 27 home runs (22nd in the league).
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have entered the game as favorites 30 times this season and won 20, or 66.7%, of those games.
- New York has a record of 4-2 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -168 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 62.7% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of their 35 games with a total this season.
- In 34 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 21-13-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have won in eight, or 36.4%, of the 22 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Seattle has been listed as an underdog of +144 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 41% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Seattle and their opponents have hit the over in 16 of their 33 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mariners have posted a record of 17-16-0 against the spread this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso is the Mets best power hitter, launching eight long balls this season in addition to collecting 28 RBI, both team highs.
- Among all MLB hitters, Alonso ranks 50th in batting average, 56th in on-base percentage, and 25th in slugging.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .229 with six doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Lindor is 34th in homers and 31st in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .301 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 20 walks.
- Nimmo will look to build on his nine-game hitting in this game. In his last 10 games he is batting .371 with two doubles, eight walks and two RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has a club-leading .318 batting average.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has sent home a team-leading 25 runs batted in.
- France’s home run total puts him 34th in MLB, and he ranks seventh in RBI.
- France has collected a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double, two walks and four RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is hitting .330 to lead the lineup.
- Crawford ranks 57th in homers and 132nd in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Adam Frazier has eight doubles, a triple, a home run and 14 walks while batting .264.
- Eugenio Suarez has swatted a team-high six long balls.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +144 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price