The New York Mets (22-11) host the Seattle Mariners (14-18) at 7:10 PM ET Friday in a meeting between two of the league’s best hitters. Jeff McNeil is batting .321 this year (10th in the league) for the favored Mets (-220), while J.P. Crawford ranks seventh in the majors with a .333 average for the underdog Mariners. New York’s Max Scherzer gets the start, and he’ll go against Seattle’s Marco Gonzales.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Mariners Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+183) and Over (7)
Mets vs. Mariners Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Max Scherzer
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Marco Gonzales
- Game Day: Friday, May 13, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Max Scherzer
- The Mets will send Scherzer (4-1) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 4-1 with a 2.92 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 37 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Sunday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the righty tossed six innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing 10 hits.
- The 37-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.92, with 11.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in six games this season. Opponents have a .197 batting average against him.
- Scherzer has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Scherzer will try to build on a seven-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing).
- He will face off against a Mariners offense that ranks 14th in MLB with 243 total hits (on a .229 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .370 (18th in MLB) with 31 total home runs (10th in MLB).
- The 37-year-old’s 2.92 ERA ranks 30th, .946 WHIP ranks 12th, and 11.9 K/9 ranks fourth among qualifying pitchers this season.
Mariners Starter Marco Gonzales
- The Mariners will hand the ball to Gonzales (1-4) for his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Sunday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 1/3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 3.91 and 6.0 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .290.
- He has two quality starts in six chances this season.
- Gonzales has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets have scored 147 runs this season, which ranks fifth in MLB. They are batting .253 for the campaign with 27 home runs, 17th in the league.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have been favorites in 29 games this season and won 20 (69%) of those contests.
- New York has played as a favorite of -220 or more once this season and won that game.
- The Mets have a 68.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 14 of their 34 games with a total this season.
- The Mets are 21-12-0 ATS in their 33 games with a spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been underdogs in 21 games this season and have come away with the win seven times (33.3%) in those contests.
- Seattle has played as an underdog of +183 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 35.3% chance of pulling out a win.
- Seattle and their opponents have hit the over in 16 of their 32 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mariners have an against the spread mark of 16-16-0 in 32 games with a line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso leads the Mets with eight home runs and 28 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Alonso is sixth in home runs and second in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .233 with six doubles, five home runs and 13 walks.
- Lindor ranks 33rd in homers and 33rd in RBI among all batters in MLB.
- McNeil has put up a team-best batting average of .321.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .290 with four doubles, a triple, three home runs and 20 walks.
- Nimmo has recorded at least one hit in eight games in a row. During his last 10 games he is hitting .324 with a double, eight walks and two RBI.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has recorded a team-high 24 runs batted in.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, France’s home run total is 33rd and his RBI tally is fifth.
- France has collected a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Crawford’s .333 batting average paces his team.
- Crawford ranks 55th overall in home runs and 118th in RBI this year.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .270 with eight doubles, a triple, a home run and 13 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez leads the Mariners with six long balls.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +183 after looking at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price