The New York Mets (8-4), led by Brandon Nimmo on a two-game home run streak, are -134 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the San Francisco Giants (7-4). First pitch is set for 1:10 PM ET Thursday, live from Citi Field. Carlos Carrasco starts for New York while Anthony DeSclafani is San Francisco’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Giants Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Giants
Our computer pick: San Francisco Giants (+113) and Over (7.5)
Mets vs. Giants Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Carlos Carrasco
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Anthony DeSclafani
- Game Day: Thursday, April 21, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs San Francisco Giants Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Carlos Carrasco
- The Mets will send Carrasco (0-0) to make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he went five scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- In two games this season, he has a .84 ERA and 11.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .135 against him.
- He will take the hill against a Giants offense that is batting .216 as a unit (21st in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .352 (18th in MLB) with 11 total home runs (10th in MLB).
Giants Starter Anthony DeSclafani
- DeSclafani will take to the mound for the Giants, his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Cleveland Guardians, throwing 4 2/3 innings and giving up two earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 4.32, a 9 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.680.
- The Mets rank 10th in MLB with a .242 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 12th in the league (.372) and 11 home runs.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have entered the game as favorites 10 times this season and won eight of those games.
- New York has a record of 3-2 when favored by -134 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Mets have a 57.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in four of their 13 chances.
- The Mets have an ATS record of 8-4-0 in 12 games with a spread this season.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have been chosen as underdogs in four games this year and have walked away with the win one time (25%) in those games.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given San Francisco this season with a +113 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Giants have a 46.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- San Francisco and their opponents have hit the over in four of their 12 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Giants are 5-6-0 against the spread in their 11 games that had a posted line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor has gone yard three times this season, the highest mark on the Mets, while hitting .283 with nine RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Lindor’s home run total ranks him 12th, and his RBI tally puts him 16th.
- Lindor has collected a hit in six straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .289 with three doubles, three home runs, six walks and eight RBI.
- Pete Alonso’s three home runs and 14 RBI both lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Alonso is 12th in homers and third in RBI.
- Alonso heads into this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .263 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Starling Marte is hitting .217 with two home runs and two walks.
- Eduardo Escobar is batting .316 to lead his team.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Belt leads the Giants in home runs (three), runs batted in (six) and has a team-high batting average of .294.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Belt is 12th in home runs and 56th in RBI.
- Belt takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a home run, five walks and three RBI.
- Joc Pederson has put his power on display as he paces his team with three home runs.
- Pederson is 12th among all batters in the majors in home runs, and 104th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is batting .200 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Wilmer Flores has two doubles, a home run and two walks while hitting .206.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Giants
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Giants on the moneyline at +113. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price