The New York Mets (10-4) are set to take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (5-9) Saturday at 8:10 PM ET. The Mets are listed as -133 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Diamondbacks have +114 odds for the contest. Arizona is expected to give the ball to Humberto Castellanos, while New York has yet to name a starting pitcher.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+114) and Under (9)
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Humberto Castellanos
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Diamondbacks Starter Humberto Castellanos
- The Diamondbacks will send out Castellanos for his first start of the season.
- The right-hander is making his first start of the year. The 24-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Mets rank seventh in MLB with a .250 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 12th in the league (.384) and 14 home runs.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have been favorites in 12 games this season and won 10 (83.3%) of those contests.
- New York has a record of 4-2 when favored by -133 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mets have a 57.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in five of their 15 chances.
- The Mets are 9-5-0 against the spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have come away with five wins in the 14 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This year, Arizona has won three of 10 games when listed as at least +114 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 46.7% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 14 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 8-6-0 against the spread in their 14 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Mets leader in both batting average and long balls is Francisco Lindor, who comes into the matchup hitting .309 and has left the yard four times while driving in 11 runs this season.
- In all of Major League Baseball, Lindor is sixth in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Pete Alonso’s 16 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Including all major league batters, Alonso ranks 14th in homers and second in RBI.
- Alonso enters this matchup looking for his third game in a row with a hit. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a walk and two RBI.
- Starling Marte has two home runs and three walks while hitting .240.
- Eduardo Escobar has six doubles, a triple, a home run and 10 walks while hitting .289.
- Escobar takes a four-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Christian Walker has a double, three home runs and eight walks while batting .152.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Walker’s home run total ranks 14th and his RBI tally ranks 91st.
- Daulton Varsho’s four home runs pace his team.
- Varsho is sixth among all hitters in MLB in home runs, and 44th in RBI.
- Seth Beer has a team-best eight runs batted in.
- Cooper Hummel is hitting .161 with a double, two home runs and eight walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +114. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price