Coming off of a 3-1 series win over the Giants, the New York Mets (9-4) are -131 favorites to pick up the win in Game 1 of a three-game series against the Arizona Diamondbacks (5-8). The series begins at Chase Field, starting on Friday at 9:40 PM ET. New York’s David Peterson and Arizona’s Zac Gallen have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+110) and Over (8.5)
Mets vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: David Peterson
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Zac Gallen
- Game Day: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
New York Mets vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter David Peterson
- The Mets are sending Peterson (0-0) to the mound to make his second start of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when the lefty went 4 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has a .00 ERA and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .207 against him.
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has the 28th-ranked slugging percentage (.303) and ranks ninth in MLB play with 12 home runs. It has a collective .176 batting average, and is 29th in MLB with 72 total hits and 25th in MLB action scoring 37 runs.
- In 4 1/3 innings over one appearance against the Diamondbacks this season, Peterson has a 0 ERA and a 1.154 WHIP while his opponents are batting .188.
Diamondbacks Starter Zac Gallen
- The Diamondbacks’ Gallen will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings against the New York Mets without allowing a run.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of .00, a batting average against of .143 and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Mets are batting .251 this season, sixth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .387 (12th in the league) with 13 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Mets one time this season, allowing them to go 2-for-14 in four innings.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have entered the game as favorites 11 times this season and won nine, or 81.8%, of those games.
- New York has entered six games this season favored by -131 or more and is 4-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 56.7% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 14 games with a total.
- The Mets are 9-4-0 ATS in their 13 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been underdogs in 13 games this season and have come away with the win five times (38.5%) in those contests.
- Arizona has a win-loss record of 4-8 when favored by +110 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in three of their 13 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 7-6-0 against the spread in their 13 games that had a posted line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor has launched a team-high four home runs.
- Lindor ranks fifth in homers and 10th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Pete Alonso has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 14 runs batted in.
- Alonso is 13th in home runs in baseball, and third in RBI.
- Alonso heads into this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .368 with a home run, a walk and two RBI.
- Eduardo Escobar has a team-best batting average of .317.
- Escobar has at least one base hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is batting .500 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Starling Marte has two home runs and two walks while batting .217.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Seth Beer has driven in the most runs for the Diamondbacks with eight runs batted in.
- Beer’s home run total places him 81st in the big leagues, and he ranks 28th in RBI.
- Beer takes a hitting streak of three games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two doubles, a walk and three RBI.
- Christian Walker is hitting .146 with a double, two home runs and eight walks.
- Walker ranks 33rd among all batters in the big leagues in home runs, and 164th in RBI.
- Cooper Hummel is batting .154 with two home runs and eight walks.
- Daulton Varsho has collected a team-high three home runs.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +110 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price