Tommy Edman (10 games) will look to add to his hitting streak when the St. Louis Cardinals (9-7) and New York Mets (14-5) meet Wednesday at 1:15 PM ET, live from Busch Stadium. Tommy Edman and the Cardinals are listed as underdogs on the moneyline by bookmakers (-101). Carlos Carrasco will get the ball for New York while St. Louis counter with Steven Matz.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (-101) and Over (7)
Mets vs. Cardinals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Carlos Carrasco
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Steven Matz
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 27, 2022
- Game Time: 1:15 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Carlos Carrasco
- Carrasco gets the start for the Mets, his fourth of the season. He is 1-0 with a 1.47 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 18 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday against the San Francisco Giants, when he went 7 2/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- In three games this season, the 35-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.47, with 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting just .141 against him.
- Carrasco is looking for his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.0 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He meets a Cardinals offense that ranks 22nd in the league with 62 runs while batting .226 as a unit. It has a collective .347 slugging percentage (19th in MLB play) and has hit a total of 13 home runs (22nd in MLB).
Cardinals Starter Steven Matz
- Matz (2-1) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his fourth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed seven hits in five innings pitched against the Cincinnati Reds on Friday.
- The 30-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 5.27, a 5.667 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.610.
- Matz has started three games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings two times. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Mets are batting .255 this season, third in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .389 (12th in the league) with 17 home runs.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won 14, or 82.4%, of the 17 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has entered 16 games this season favored by -119 or more and is 13-3 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 54.3%.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in seven of their 20 opportunities.
- The Mets are 13-6-0 ATS in their 19 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have been victorious in four of the nine contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, St. Louis has won two of seven games when listed as at least -101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have an implied victory probability of 50.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in six of their 16 opportunities.
- In 16 games with a line this season, the Cardinals have a mark of 9-7-0 against the spread.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor’s four round-trippers in 2022 are the most on the Mets. He’s also driven in 12 runs while hitting .274.
- Lindor’s home runs place him 11th in the majors, and he ranks 15th in RBI.
- Starling Marte is batting .250 with two doubles, two home runs and three walks.
- Marte is 60th in home runs in MLB, and fifth in RBI.
- Jeff McNeil leads the Mets with a .328 batting average.
- Brandon Nimmo is batting .275 with two doubles, a triple, three home runs and 10 walks.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Nolan Arenado leads the squad with a batting average of .344, while pacing the Cardinals in home runs, with five and runs batted in with 14.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Arenado ranks fifth in homers and eighth in RBI.
- Edman has a double, a triple, three home runs and eight walks while hitting .283.
- Edman ranks 29th in homers and 67th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .258 with four doubles and eight walks.
- Tyler O’Neill is batting .200 with two doubles, a home run and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at -101 after digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price