The New York Mets (13-5) visit the St. Louis Cardinals (9-6) at 7:45 PM ET Tuesday for a sluggers’ duel between two of the best home-run hitters in baseball. Francisco Lindor has racked up four homers this season (No. 10 in the league) for the favored Mets which sit as -113 favorites, while Nolan Arenado ranks fifth in the majors with five dingers of his own for the underdogs. New York’s Chris Bassitt gets the start, and he’ll go against St. Louis’ Jordan Hicks.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (-105) and Over (7)
Mets vs. Cardinals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Jordan Hicks
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 26, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- The Mets are sending Bassitt (2-1) out to make his fourth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 3.00 ERA and 20 strikeouts in 18 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the righty tossed six innings against the San Francisco Giants, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- In three games this season, the 33-year-old has amassed a 3.00 ERA and 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .200 to opposing hitters.
- Bassitt will look to build upon a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 frames per appearance).
- The opposing Cardinals offense has a collective .234 batting average, and is 20th in the league with 117 total hits and 16th in MLB action with 62 runs scored. It has the 15th-ranked slugging percentage (.361) and ranks 17th in home runs (13) in all of MLB.
- This season, the 33-year-old ranks 29th in ERA (3.00), 20th in WHIP (.944), and 12th in K/9 (10.0) among qualifying pitchers.
Cardinals Starter Jordan Hicks
- The Cardinals will send Hicks to the mound for his second start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Thursday against the Miami Marlins, throwing three innings and giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 1.29, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.000.
- The Mets rank third in MLB with a .256 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 10th in the league (.393) and 17 home runs.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won 13, or 81.2%, of the 16 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has a record of 13-3, a 81.2% win rate, when favored by -113 or more by sportsbooks this season.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 53.1% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 19 games with a total this season.
- The Mets are 12-6-0 against the spread in their 18 chances this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have come away with four wins in the eight contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, St. Louis has come away with a win four times in eight chances when named as an underdog of at least -105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 51.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- St. Louis and their opponents have gone over in six of their 15 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Cardinals have posted a record of 9-6-0 against the spread this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Lindor leads the Mets with four dingers on the year. He’s also hitting .294 with 12 RBI.
- Lindor is 10th in homers and 12th in RBI among all batters in the majors.
- Starling Marte is hitting .235 with two doubles, two home runs and three walks.
- Marte is 56th in homers and eighth in RBI in the major leagues.
- Jeff McNeil paces the Mets with a team-best batting average of .316.
- Pete Alonso’s 16 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Alonso is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Arenado paces the Cardinals in home runs (five), runs batted in (14) and has a team-best batting average of .339.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Arenado’s home run total is fifth and his RBI tally ranks seventh.
- Tommy Edman is hitting .294 with a double, a triple, three home runs and seven walks.
- Edman ranks 25th among all batters in MLB in homers, and 55th in RBI.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .259 with four doubles and eight walks.
- Tyler O’Neill is batting .216 with two doubles, a home run and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at -105 after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price