Two of the league’s top power hitters meet Monday when the New York Mets (12-5) and St. Louis Cardinals (9-5) take the field at 7:45 PM ET. Francisco Lindor has four home runs for the Mets (-146 favorites on the moneyline) while Nolan Arenado has five homers this season for the Cardinals (+124). Max Scherzer gets the starting nod for New York while Miles Mikolas is St. Louis’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Cardinals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our computer pick: St. Louis Cardinals (+124) and Under (7)
Mets vs. Cardinals Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Max Scherzer
- St. Louis Cardinals probable starting pitcher: Miles Mikolas
- Game Day: Monday, April 25, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
New York Mets vs St. Louis Cardinals Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Max Scherzer
- Scherzer (3-0 with a 2.50 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 18 innings pitched) makes the start for the Mets, his fourth of the season.
- The righty’s last time out was on Tuesday against the San Francisco Giants, when he threw seven innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing only one hit.
- The 37-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.50, with 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents have a .150 batting average against him.
- Scherzer is aiming for his third straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.0 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will take the mound against a Cardinals offense that ranks 21st in MLB with 112 total hits (on a .239 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .376 (15th in MLB) with 13 total home runs (17th in MLB).
- The 37-year-old’s 2.50 ERA ranks 22nd, .889 WHIP ranks 15th, and 11.5 K/9 ranks sixth among qualifying pitchers this season.
Cardinals Starter Miles Mikolas
- Mikolas (1-0) will take the mound for the Cardinals, his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he allowed four hits in five scoreless innings against the Miami Marlins.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in three games this season with an ERA of 1.76, 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .224.
- In three starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- Mikolas will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Mets rank fourth in MLB with a .256 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 10th in the league (.393) and 16 home runs.
- The 33-year-old ranks 10th in ERA (1.76), 28th in WHIP (1.043), and 34th in K/9 (7.6) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mets have been favored 15 times and won 12, or 80%, of those games.
- New York has entered seven games this season favored by -146 or more and is 5-2 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.3% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in six of 18 chances this season.
- The Mets are 11-6-0 ATS in their 17 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Cardinals have come away with four wins in the seven contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- St. Louis has played as an underdog of +124 or more just one time this year and came away with a win in that game.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 44.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- St. Louis and their opponents have hit the over in five of their 14 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Cardinals have an against the spread record of 9-5-0 in 14 games with a line this season.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Lindor leads the Mets with four home runs and has a team-best batting average of .312.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Lindor ranks 10th in homers and 11th in RBI.
- Starling Marte has two doubles, two home runs and three walks while batting .254.
- Marte is 52nd in homers in baseball, and seventh in RBI.
- Jeff McNeil has two doubles, a triple, a home run and five walks while batting .302.
- Pete Alonso has been productive as he leads his team with 16 RBI.
- Alonso brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two RBI.
Cardinals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Arenado leads the squad with a batting average of .364, and leads the Cardinals in home runs, with five and runs batted in with 14.
- Arenado’s home run total puts him fourth in the big leagues, and he ranks sixth in RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .312 with a double, a triple, three home runs and six walks.
- Edman ranks 23rd in home runs and 49th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Tyler O’Neill has two doubles, a home run and seven walks while batting .213.
- Paul Goldschmidt is hitting .236 with four doubles and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Cardinals
Our best bet is the Cardinals on the moneyline at +124 after taking a look at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will under the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price