The New York Mets (16-6) and Dominic Smith (four hits last time out) are favored (-125) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Atlanta Braves (10-13) on Monday at 7:10 PM ET. New York’s Chris Bassitt and Atlanta’s Max Fried have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mets vs. Braves Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mets vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (+105) and Over (7)
Mets vs. Braves Game Info
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: Chris Bassitt
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Max Fried
- Game Day: Monday, May 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Queens, New York
- Stadium: Citi Field
New York Mets vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Mets Starter Chris Bassitt
- Bassitt (3-1 with a 2.25 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mets, his fifth of the season.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Tuesday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when he tossed six scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 2.25, with 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents are batting .179 against him.
- Bassitt will look to build upon a five-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 6.0 frames per outing).
- He will face off against a Braves offense that ranks 14th in MLB with 171 total hits (on a .227 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .402 (seventh in MLB) with 28 total home runs (second in MLB).
- The 33-year-old ranks 18th in ERA (2.25), 15th in WHIP (.917), and 15th in K/9 (9.7) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Braves Starter Max Fried
- Fried (2-2) will take the mound for the Braves, his fifth start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw six innings against the Chicago Cubs, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.00, 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .233 in four games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his third quality start in a row.
- Fried has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Mets are batting .259 this season, second in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .385 (ninth in the league) with 18 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 28-year-old’s 3.00 ERA ranks 30th, .917 WHIP ranks 15th, and 7.9 K/9 ranks 35th.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won 16, or 80%, of the 20 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has entered 16 games this season favored by -125 or more and is 12-4 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.6% chance of a victory for the Mets.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in eight of their 23 games with a total.
- The Mets have an ATS record of 15-7-0 in 22 games with a spread this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have come away with three wins in the seven contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Atlanta has been victorious one time in four chances when named as an underdog of at least +105 or worse on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Braves have a 48.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in 11 of their 23 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 23 games with a line this season, the Braves have a mark of 9-14-0 against the spread.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Francisco Lindor’s four home runs in 2022 are the most on the Mets. He’s also knocked in 13 runs while hitting .282.
- Lindor’s home runs place him 23rd in MLB, and he ranks 28th in RBI.
- Lindor brings a hitting streak of three games into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a walk and an RBI.
- Jeff McNeil’s .361 batting average paces his team.
- McNeil ranks 154th in homers and 72nd in RBI in the bigs.
- Starling Marte paces the Mets with 18 runs batted in.
- Pete Alonso’s four home runs and 18 runs batted in both lead his team.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Riley has a team-high six home runs and has driven in 13 runs.
- In all of the majors, Riley is sixth in home runs and 28th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies has shown his power as he leads his team with six home runs.
- Albies is sixth among all hitters in the big leagues in home runs, and 60th in RBI.
- Matt Olson leads the Braves with a team-high batting average of .291.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .256 with five doubles, four home runs and four walks.
Betting Tips for Mets vs. Braves
We have the Braves on the moneyline at +105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price