The Miami Marlins (15-19), led by Jorge Soler on a two-game home run streak, are -221 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Washington Nationals (12-24). First pitch is set for 6:40 PM ET Monday, live from loanDepot park. Sandy Alcantara starts for Miami while Aaron Sanchez is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Marlins vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+181) and Over (7.5)
Marlins vs. Nationals Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Sandy Alcantara
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Aaron Sanchez
- Game Day: Monday, May 16, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Miami Marlins vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara (2-2) gets the starting nod for the Marlins in his eighth start of the season. He has a 2.74 ERA in 42 2/3 innings pitched, with 37 strikeouts.
- The righty last appeared on Wednesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he threw seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In seven games this season, the 26-year-old has amassed a 2.74 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .221 to opposing batters.
- Alcantara is looking to record his fifth quality start of the year.
- Alcantara has put up six starts this campaign in which he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Nationals offense has a collective .251 batting average, and is first in the league with 302 total hits and 13th in MLB play with 150 runs scored. It has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.364) and ranks 24th in home runs (26) in all of MLB.
- Alcantara has pitched six innings, giving up one earned run on six hits while striking out five against the Nationals this season.
- The 26-year-old’s 2.74 ERA ranks 22nd, 1.219 WHIP ranks 43rd, and 7.8 K/9 ranks 35th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Nationals Starter Aaron Sanchez
- The Nationals’ Sanchez (2-2) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 1/3 innings pitched against the New York Mets on Wednesday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 7.58 ERA this season with 4.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.4 walks per nine across four games.
- In four starts this season, Sánchez has lasted five or more innings two times, with an average of 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Marlins rank 12th in MLB with a .236 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 13th in the league (.382) and 35 home runs.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Marlins have been favored 17 times and won eight, or 47.1%, of those games.
- Miami has not entered a game this season as a bigger favorite on the moneyline than the -221 odds on them winning this game.
- The Marlins have a 68.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Miami have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 16 of 34 chances this season.
- The Marlins are 18-16-0 ATS in their 34 games with a spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been victorious in 10, or 32.3%, of the 31 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Washington has a win-loss record of 3-1 when favored by +181 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 35.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Washington have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 16 of 36 chances this season.
- The Nationals have an against the spread record of 14-22-0 in 36 games with a line this season.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm is the Marlins best hitter, putting together an average of .288 while also being the team’s top run producer, collecting 24 RBI and hitting six homers.
- Chisholm ranks 29th in homers and 11th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .263 with four doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Aguilar ranks 44th in home runs and 58th in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Soler leads the Marlins with seven home runs.
- Soler has at least one base hit in six straight games. In his last 10 games he is batting .222 with a double, four home runs, three walks and eight RBI.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .255 with seven doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto has collected a team-best eight home runs.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Soto is 12th in home runs and 147th in RBI.
- Josh Bell’s 21 RBI and .336 batting average both pace his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Bell is 62nd in home runs and 25th in RBI.
- Maikel Franco has a team-high 21 runs batted in.
- Nelson Cruz is hitting .194 with a double, four home runs and 15 walks.
Betting Tips for Marlins vs. Nationals
We have the Nationals on the moneyline at +181 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price