Jazz Chisholm will look to extend his 11-game hitting streak when the Miami Marlins (13-15) take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (15-14). The Marlins are listed as -123 favorites on the moneyline for the contest, which starts at 9:40 PM ET on Monday, live from Chase Field. Elieser Hernandez will get the ball for Miami while Arizona counter with Humberto Castellanos.
Table of Contents
Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+104) and Over (8.5)
Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Elieser Hernandez
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Humberto Castellanos
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Miami Marlins vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Elieser Hernandez
- The Marlins will send Hernandez (2-1) to the mound to make his sixth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 6.66 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 24 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Wednesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when he went four innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 6.66, with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents have a .278 batting average against him.
- Hernandez has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Hernandez has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this season entering this matchup.
- He will face a Diamondbacks offense that is batting .193 as a unit (30th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .346 (23rd in MLB) with 31 total home runs (seventh in MLB).
- Hernandez has an 11.25 ERA and a 2.000 WHIP against the Diamondbacks this season in four innings pitched, allowing a .313 batting average over one appearance.
Diamondbacks Starter Humberto Castellanos
- The Diamondbacks’ Castellanos (2-1) will make his fifth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 5 2/3 scoreless innings against the Miami Marlins while allowing four hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 4.12, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.271.
- Castellanos has made two starts of five or more innings in four chances this season, and averages 3.1 frames when he pitches.
- The Marlins rank 15th in MLB with 111 runs scored this season. They have a .231 batting average this campaign with 25 home runs (14th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Marlins one time this season, allowing them to go 4-for-21 in 5 2/3 innings.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Marlins have been favored 14 times and won seven, or 50%, of those games.
- This season, Miami has won five of its 11 games, or 45.5%, when favored by at least -123 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 55.2% chance to win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 28 chances.
- The Marlins have an ATS record of 15-13-0 in 28 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have been victorious in 15, or 53.6%, of the 28 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Arizona has a mark of 14-13 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +104 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 49% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 10 of their 31 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 20-11-0 against the spread in their 31 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Chisholm’s five round-trippers and 21 RBI both lead the Marlins, on top of his team-high .310 average.
- In all of MLB, Chisholm is 28th in home runs and seventh in RBI.
- Chisholm has collected a hit in 11 straight games. During his last 10 games he is hitting .342 with three doubles, a triple, a home run, three walks and six RBI.
- Joey Wendle has six doubles, a home run and six walks while batting .271.
- Jesus Aguilar is hitting .274 with three doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Jesus Sanchez has three doubles, two triples, three home runs and six walks while batting .234.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Daulton Varsho paces the Diamondbacks in home runs (six) and runs batted in (13).
- Among all hitters in the majors, Varsho is 14th in home runs and 63rd in RBI.
- Varsho has collected a hit in eight games in a row. In his last nine games he is hitting .314 with four doubles, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Christian Walker has put his power on display as he paces his team with six home runs.
- Walker is 14th among all batters in the majors in home runs, and 80th in RBI.
- David Peralta is batting .225 with five doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Pavin Smith paces the Diamondbacks with a team-leading batting average of .250.
Betting Tips for Marlins vs. Diamondbacks
After digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +104. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price