Seeking their 14th win of the year, the Miami Marlins (13-15) are favorites (-141) on the moneyline when they take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (15-14) Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. Jesus Luzardo will get the ball for Miami while Arizona counter with Madison Bumgarner.
Table of Contents
Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Diamondbacks
Our computer pick: Arizona Diamondbacks (+120) and Over (8)
Marlins vs. Diamondbacks Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Jesús Luzardo
- Arizona Diamondbacks probable starting pitcher: Madison Bumgarner
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Phoenix, Arizona
- Stadium: Chase Field
Miami Marlins vs Arizona Diamondbacks Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Jesús Luzardo
- Luzardo (2-2) takes the mound for the Marlins in his sixth start of the season. He’s put together a 3.08 ERA in 26 1/3 innings pitched, with 35 strikeouts.
- The lefty’s last time out was on Friday against the San Diego Padres, when he went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.08, with 12.0 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are hitting .172 against him.
- Luzardo is looking to prolong a second-game quality start streak in this outing.
- Luzardo is seeking his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Diamondbacks offense has a collective .193 batting average, and is last in the league with 178 total hits and 23rd in MLB action with 100 runs scored. It has the 23rd-ranked slugging percentage (.346) and ranks seventh in home runs (31) in all of MLB.
Diamondbacks Starter Madison Bumgarner
- The Diamondbacks will send Bumgarner (1-1) to the mound for his seventh start this season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Wednesday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed one hit in one inning against the Miami Marlins.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 1.50 and 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .186.
- Bumgarner has not earned a quality start in six starts this season.
- Bumgarner has four starts of five or more innings this season in six chances. He averages 4.0 innings per outing.
- The Marlins have scored 111 runs this season, which ranks 15th in MLB. They have 215 hits, 14th in baseball, with 25 home runs (14th in the league).
- The Marlins have gone 1-for-4 with a home run and an RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Marlins have won seven out of the 15 games, or 46.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Miami is 2-4 this season when entering a game favored by -141 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 58.5% chance of a victory for the Marlins.
- Games involving Miami have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 12 of 29 chances this season.
- The Marlins have an ATS record of 15-14-0 in 29 games with a spread this season.
Diamondbacks Betting Picks & Insights
- The Diamondbacks have won in 16, or 55.2%, of the 29 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious 12 times in 22 chances when named as an underdog of at least +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 45.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Arizona have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 10 of 32 chances this season.
- The Diamondbacks have posted a record of 21-11-0 against the spread this season.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm’s five long balls and 21 RBI both lead the Marlins, in addition to his team-high .310 average.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Chisholm’s home run total ranks him 28th, and his RBI tally ranks him seventh.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .271 with six doubles, a home run and six walks.
- Wendle has two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .143 with a walk.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .274 with three doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Aguilar is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a home run and three RBI.
- Jesus Sanchez is hitting .234 with three doubles, two triples, three home runs and six walks.
Diamondbacks Leaders & Batting Stats
- Daulton Varsho leads the Diamondbacks with six long balls and runs batted in, driving in 13.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Varsho’s home run total is 14th and his RBI tally ranks 63rd.
- Varsho carries a nine-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last nine outings he is batting .351 with five doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Christian Walker has put his power on display as he leads his team with six home runs.
- Walker is 14th overall in homers and 80th in RBI this season.
- David Peralta is batting .225 with five doubles, four home runs and 12 walks.
- Pavin Smith leads the Diamondbacks with a team-leading batting average of .250.
Betting Tips for Marlins vs. Diamondbacks
We have the Diamondbacks on the moneyline at +120 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price