The Atlanta Braves (19-21) will lean on William Contreras, following a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Miami Marlins (17-22) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET. The Braves are -107 underdogs for the contest, according to sportsbooks. Miami’s Sandy Alcantara and Atlanta’s Ian Anderson have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Marlins vs. Braves Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Marlins vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (-107) and Over (7.5)
Marlins vs. Braves Game Info
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Sandy Alcantara
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Ian Anderson
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Miami Marlins vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Marlins Starter Sandy Alcantara
- Alcantara makes the start for the Marlins, his ninth of the season. He is 3-2 with a 2.49 ERA and 42 strikeouts in 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Monday against the Washington Nationals, the righty went eight innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering three hits.
- In eight games this season, the 26-year-old has put up an ERA of 2.49, with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .205 against him.
- Alcantara is looking to register his third quality start in a row in this matchup.
- Alcantara is seeking his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 6.1 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Braves offense has a collective .223 batting average, and is 24th in the league with 296 total hits and 16th in MLB action with 164 runs scored. It has the 11th-ranked slugging percentage (.393) and ranks fifth in home runs (52) in all of MLB.
- This season, the 26-year-old ranks 15th in ERA (2.49), 25th in WHIP (1.105), and 39th in K/9 (7.5) among pitchers who qualify.
Braves Starter Ian Anderson
- The Braves will hand the ball to Anderson (3-2) for his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in six innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 24-year-old has an ERA of 3.75 and 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .221 in seven games this season.
- He has started seven games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in two of them.
- Anderson has six starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Marlins rank 12th in MLB with a .243 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks eighth in the league (.395) and 40 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the Marlins one time this season, allowing them to go 6-for-21 with two doubles, a home run and two RBI in five innings.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Marlins have been favored 20 times and won 10, or 50%, of those games.
- Miami is 9-9 this season when entering a game favored by -113 or more on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 53.1% chance to win.
- So far this season, Miami and its opponents have hit the over in 19 of their 39 games with a total.
- The Marlins are 21-18-0 against the spread this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have been chosen as underdogs in 15 games this year and have walked away with the win seven times (46.7%) in those games.
- Atlanta has a mark of 3-7 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -107 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Braves have a 51.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Atlanta and their opponents have hit the over in 22 of their 40 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Braves are 18-22-0 against the spread in their 40 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jazz Chisholm paces the Marlins with 27 runs batted in while putting up a team-high batting average of .290.
- Including all MLB hitters, Chisholm ranks 25th in batting average, 62nd in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Jorge Soler’s eight home runs lead his team.
- Soler is 20th in homers and 39th in RBI on the year.
- Soler carries a nine-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last 10 outings he is batting .293 with two doubles, four home runs, two walks and nine RBI.
- Jesus Aguilar is batting .270 with five doubles, five home runs and 14 walks.
- Garrett Cooper is batting .260 with 10 doubles, two home runs and 12 walks.
- Cooper has recorded at least one hit in two games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .294 with three doubles, a walk and two RBI.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson leads the team in batting average with a high-water mark of .248.
- Olson’s home run total puts him 79th in the majors, and he ranks 115th in RBI.
- Ozzie Albies is hitting .239 with seven doubles, six home runs and 11 walks.
- Albies ranks 41st in home runs and 96th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Marcell Ozuna leads the Braves in home runs (eight) and runs batted in (20).
- Austin Riley leads the Braves with eight long balls.
Betting Tips for Marlins vs. Braves
We have the Braves on the moneyline at -107 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price