The Seattle Mariners (9-6) and Ty France (five hits last time out) are favored (-185) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Kansas City Royals (5-8) on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. Seattle’s Robbie Ray gets the start, and he’ll go against Kansas City’s Carlos Hernandez.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+159) and Over (7.5)
Mariners vs. Royals Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Robbie Ray
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Carlos Hernández
- Game Day: Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Seattle Mariners vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Robbie Ray
- Ray gets the start for the Mariners, his fourth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 4.19 ERA and 13 strikeouts in 19 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out was on Wednesday against the Texas Rangers, when he tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- The 30-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.19, with 6.1 strikeouts per nine innings, in three games this season. Opponents have a .243 batting average against him.
- Ray will look to pitch five or more innings for his fourth straight start. He’s averaging 6.1 innings per outing.
- The opposing Royals offense has the 24th-ranked slugging percentage (.340) and ranks 26th in MLB play with 10 home runs. It has a collective .218 batting average, and is 28th in MLB with 91 total hits and 28th in MLB play scoring 39 runs.
- The 30-year-old ranks 45th in ERA (4.19), 39th in WHIP (1.241), and 47th in K/9 (6.1) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Royals Starter Carlos Hernández
- The Royals will send Hernandez to the mound for his third start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing eight hits against the Minnesota Twins.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 7.27, a 0.333 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.962.
- The Mariners are batting .237 this season, 11th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .404 (eighth in the league) with 17 home runs.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Mariners have won five out of the six games in which they’ve been favored.
- Seattle has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -185 moneyline set for this game.
- The Mariners have a 64.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Seattle and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 15 games with a total.
- The Mariners have an ATS record of 10-5-0 in 15 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have been chosen as underdogs in eight games this year and have walked away with the win three times (37.5%) in those games.
- Kansas City has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +159.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 38.6% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over the total in four of their 13 opportunities.
- The Royals are 6-7-0 against the spread in their 13 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- France paces the Mariners in home runs (four), runs batted in (17) and has accumulated a team-high batting average of .356.
- In all of the majors, France ranks sixth in homers and second in RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .340 with three doubles, a triple, two home runs and nine walks.
- Crawford is 46th in homers and 63rd in RBI on the year.
- Eugenio Suarez is hitting .260 with five doubles, three home runs and nine walks.
- Adam Frazier has four doubles, a triple and five walks while hitting .242.
- Frazier has recorded at least one hit in five straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with two doubles and four walks.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Salvador Perez has put up a team-high five home runs and has driven in seven runs.
- Among all hitters in the big leagues, Perez ranks third in home runs and 63rd in RBI.
- Perez takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with three home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .375 to lead the lineup.
- Benintendi is currently 105th in home runs and 118th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Hunter Dozier is batting .304 with three doubles, a triple and two home runs.
- Nicky Lopez has three doubles and two walks while batting .286.
Betting Tips for Mariners vs. Royals
Our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +159 after digging through all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price