The Seattle Mariners will look to pick up their ninth win of the season when they take on the Kansas City Royals (5-7) Saturday. The game begins at 9:10 PM ET, with the Mariners listed as -154 favorites on the moneyline. Seattle’s Matt Brash and Kansas City’s Kris Bubic have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Royals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Royals
Our computer pick: Kansas City Royals (+132) and Over (7.5)
Mariners vs. Royals Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Matt Brash
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Kris Bubic
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 9:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Seattle Mariners vs Kansas City Royals Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Matt Brash
- Brash (1-1) gets the start for the Mariners, his third of the season.
- His last time out came on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when the right-hander went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has compiled a 3.37 ERA and averages 9.3 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .176 against him.
- Brash will aim to pitch five or more innings for his third straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing.
- He will take the hill against a Royals offense that ranks 27th in MLB with 81 total hits (on a .213 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .331 (23rd in MLB) with nine total home runs (25th in MLB).
Royals Starter Kris Bubic
- The Royals’ Bubic will make his third start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the Detroit Tigers, giving up one earned run.
- He has an ERA of 10.80, a batting average against of .278 and 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- The Mariners have scored 59 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB. They are batting .235 for the campaign with 15 home runs, third in the league.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have won four of the five games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Seattle has played as a favorite of -154 or more once this season and won that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 60.6% chance to win.
- Seattle’s games have gone over the total in six of their 13 chances.
- The Mariners are 9-4-0 ATS in their 13 games with a spread this season.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals have won in three of the seven contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Kansas City has played as an underdog of +132 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Royals have an implied victory probability of 43.1% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Contests with Kansas City have gone over the total set by bookmakers in three of 12 chances this season.
- The Royals have posted a record of 6-6-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France paces the Mariners with three home runs and 12 runs batted in.
- Of all hitters in baseball, France’s home run total ranks him 14th, and his RBI tally puts him fifth.
- J.P. Crawford’s .341 batting average leads his team.
- Crawford is 90th in homers and 91st in RBI among all MLB hitters this year.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .288 with four doubles, a triple and five walks.
- Frazier will look to build on his five-game hitting in this game. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with two doubles, four walks and an RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez has hit three home runs to pace his team.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Salvador Perez paces the Royals in home runs (five) and runs batted in (seven).
- In all of MLB, Perez is second in homers and 44th in RBI.
- Perez brings a hitting streak of two games into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .235 with three home runs, a walk and four RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi is batting .372 to lead the lineup.
- Benintendi ranks 90th overall in homers and 129th in RBI this season.
- Nicky Lopez is hitting .316 with three doubles and a walk.
- Michael A. Taylor is batting .235 with a home run and four walks.
|Michael A. Taylor||12||.235||.316||.324||1||3||8|
Betting Tips for Mariners vs. Royals
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Royals on the moneyline at +132. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price