The Seattle Mariners (13-16), led by Abraham Toro on a two-game home run streak, are -119 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Philadelphia Phillies (12-16). First pitch is set for 9:40 PM ET Monday, live from T-Mobile Park. Chris Flexen will get the ball for Seattle while Philadelphia counter with Ranger Suarez.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Phillies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Phillies
Our computer pick: Philadelphia Phillies (+101) and Over (7.5)
Mariners vs. Phillies Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Chris Flexen
- Philadelphia Phillies probable starting pitcher: Ranger Suárez
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Seattle Mariners vs Philadelphia Phillies Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Chris Flexen
- Flexen gets the start for the Mariners, his sixth of the season. He is 1-4 with a 3.10 ERA and 17 strikeouts through 29 innings pitched.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Houston Astros, when he threw five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing two hits.
- The 27-year-old has put up a 3.10 ERA and 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings in five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .231 to opposing hitters.
- Flexen is trying to secure his fourth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Flexen is looking for his fifth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- The opposing Phillies offense has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.405) and is ninth in MLB play with 30 home runs. It has a collective .247 batting average, and is sixth in MLB with 228 total hits and 11th in MLB play scoring 122 runs.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB play this season, the 27-year-old’s 3.10 ERA ranks 33rd, 1.138 WHIP ranks 36th, and 5.3 K/9 ranks 56th.
Phillies Starter Ranger Suárez
- The Phillies will hand the ball to Suarez (2-1) for his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs in five innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Texas Rangers.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 4.63, a 1.5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.629.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- Suarez will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Mariners are batting .229 this season, 19th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .380 (14th in the league) with 31 home runs.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been favorites in 10 games this season and won seven (70%) of those contests.
- This season, Seattle has won six of its eight games when favored by at least -119 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mariners have a 54.3% chance to win.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 14 of their 29 opportunities.
- The Mariners are 15-14-0 ATS in their 29 games with a spread this season.
Phillies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Phillies have won in three of the nine contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Philadelphia has been victorious three times in seven chances when named as an underdog of at least +101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 49.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Philadelphia and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 13 of their 28 opportunities.
- The Phillies have posted a record of 12-16-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France has a team-high 22 runs batted in.
- Including all MLB hitters, France ranks 13th in batting average, 21st in on-base percentage, and 34th in slugging.
- France has collected a hit in four games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .190 with a walk and an RBI.
- J.P. Crawford’s .340 batting average paces his team.
- Among all major league batters, Crawford is 41st in home runs and 112th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier is hitting .246 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 11 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez has shown his power as he paces his team with six home runs.
Phillies Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryce Harper has racked up a team-leading 19 runs batted in.
- Harper is 14th in home runs and 14th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Kyle Schwarber’s seven home runs lead his team.
- Schwarber is sixth overall in home runs and 31st in RBI this season.
- Nicholas Castellanos is batting .293 with six doubles, four home runs and nine walks.
- Alec Bohm leads the Phillies with a .312 batting average.
Betting Tips for Mariners vs. Phillies
We have the Phillies on the moneyline at +101 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price