Mike Trout leads the Los Angeles Angels (32-36) into Sunday’s matchup with the Seattle Mariners (29-38) on a two-game homer streak. His Angels are underdogs for the contest, however, with oddsmakers naming the Mariners as -172 moneyline favorites. The game starts at 4:10 PM ET from T-Mobile Park. Logan Gilbert starts for Seattle while Kenny Rosenberg is Los Angeles’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Mariners vs. Angels Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Mariners vs. Angels
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (+147) and Over (7.5)
Mariners vs. Angels Game Info
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Logan Gilbert
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Kenny Rosenberg
- Game Day: Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Seattle Mariners vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Mariners Starter Logan Gilbert
- Gilbert makes the start for the Mariners, his 14th of the season. He is 7-2 with a 2.34 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 77 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the Minnesota Twins, when he threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- The 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.34, with 8.9 strikeouts per nine innings, in 13 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .209 batting average against him.
- Gilbert is trying to prolong a sixth-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Gilbert is aiming for his 14th straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.3 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will face an Angels offense that ranks 12th in MLB with 536 total hits (on a .236 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .399 (12th in MLB) with 83 total home runs (sixth in MLB).
- The 25-year-old’s 2.34 ERA ranks ninth, 1.065 WHIP ranks 20th, and 8.9 K/9 ranks 27th among qualifying pitchers this season.
Angels Starter Kenny Rosenberg
- Rosenberg will make his first start of the season for the Angels.
- The left-hander is making his first start of the year. The 26-year-old did not make an appearance on the mound last season.
- The Mariners rank 23rd in MLB with a .234 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 22nd in the league (.377) and 69 home runs.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have been favorites in 22 games this season and won 13 (59.1%) of those contests.
- Seattle has a record of 2-2 when favored by -172 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mariners, based on the moneyline, is 63.2%.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 32 of their 67 opportunities.
- The Mariners have an ATS record of 33-34-0 in 67 games with a spread this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have been victorious in five, or 21.7%, of the 23 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- The Angels have won all of their three games in which they were named as at least a +147 moneyline underdog.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Angels have a 40.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 32 of 68 chances this season.
- The Angels have posted a record of 33-35-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ty France comes into Sunday’s game as the Mariners top run producer, delivering 44 RBI while connecting on 10 homers in 2022. His .318 average is also best on the squad.
- France’s home runs put him 46th in the majors, and he ranks 13th in RBI.
- France has collected a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run, a walk and five RBI.
- J.P. Crawford is batting .284 with 13 doubles, a triple, five home runs and 29 walks.
- Crawford ranks 138th in home runs and 193rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Julio Rodriguez is batting .269 with 13 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 20 walks.
- Rodriguez has at least one base hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with three doubles and two RBI.
- Adam Frazier is batting .228 with 12 doubles, a triple, two home runs and 24 walks.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Trout leads the Angels in home runs (20), runs batted in (41) and has posted a team-high batting average of .291.
- In all of the big leagues, Trout is second in homers and 19th in RBI.
- Trout takes a hitting streak of two games into this game. In his last five games he is batting .263 with four home runs, three walks and seven RBI.
- Shohei Ohtani has 13 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 24 walks while hitting .246.
- Ohtani ranks 21st in homers and 28th in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Taylor Ward is batting .297 with seven doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 26 walks.
- Jared Walsh is hitting .255 with 11 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 14 walks.
Betting Tips for Mariners vs. Angels
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Angels on the moneyline at +147. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price