Game 5 of the NHL Playoffs First Round will see the Toronto Maple Leafs hit the ice against the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday, May 10, starting at 7:30 PM ET. The teams are tied up 2-2 in the series. The Lightning are big underdogs on the road, at +220, and the Maple Leafs are -270. Find more below on the Maple Leafs vs. Lightning betting line, injury report, head-to-head stats, best bets and more.
Table of Contents
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Spread and Betting Line
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Game Info
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:30 PM ET
- Location: Toronto, Ontario
- Arena: Scotiabank Arena
Computer Predictions for Maple Leafs vs. Lightning
|Maple Leafs 4 Lightning 3|
Maple Leafs vs. Lightning Betting Trends
- Through 75 games as the moneyline favorite this season, Toronto has won 52 times.
- In 18 games with moneyline oddds lower than -270, the Maple Leafs have 11 wins.
- Per the moneyline odds, Toronto has a 73.0% chance of winning this contest.
Toronto Maple Leafs Leaders
- Auston Matthews has been a big player for Toronto this season, with 106 points in 73 games.
- Mitchell Marner is contributing with 97 points (35 goals, 62 assists).
- William Nylander has 34 goals and 46 assists for Toronto.
- Jack Campbell (31-9-6) has a goals against average of 2.6 on the season, and 1307 saves. His .914 save percentage ranks 26th in the league.
Toronto Maple Leafs Season Stats
- The Maple Leafs’ 312 goals this season make them the second-best scoring team in the league.
- The Maple Leafs are ranked 19th in NHL action in goals against this season, having allowed 252 total goals (3.1 per game).
- The team has the league’s sixth-best goal differential at +60 this season.
- The 63 power-play goals the Maple Leafs have scored this season have come on 231 power-play chances, ranking them fourth-best in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs are best in the NHL with a 27.3% power-play conversion rate.
- The 13 shorthanded goals the Maple Leafs have netted this season pace the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs’ 81.7% penalty-kill success rate is currently eighth-best in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs’ players win the highest percentage of faceoffs in the NHL at 55.1%.
- The Maple Leafs have an 11.0% shooting percentage as a team, ranking fourth in the NHL.
- The Maple Leafs have yet to shut out an opponent this season, averaging 21.3 hits and 11.9 blocked shots per game.
Lightning vs. Maple Leafs Betting Trends
- The Lightning have been an underdog in 13 games this season, with four upset wins (30.8%).
- Tampa Bay has not played with moneyline odds of +220 or longer once this season.
- The moneyline implies a 31.2% chance to win for the Lightning.
Tampa Bay Lightning Leaders
- Steven Stamkos is an important part of the offense for Tampa Bay, with 106 points this season. He has put up 42 goals and 64 assists in 81 games.
- Victor Hedman is key for Tampa Bay’s attack with 86 total points (1.0 per game), including 20 goals and 66 assists through 82 games.
- Tampa Bay’s Nikita Kucherov has 69 points, courtesy of 25 goals (fourth on team) and 44 assists (third).
- Andrei Vasilevskiy has a record of 39-18-5 in 63 games this season, conceding 156 goals (2.5 goals against average) with 1712 saves and a .916 save percentage, 23rd in the league.
Tampa Bay Lightning Season Stats
- The Lightning’s 285 total goals (3.5 per game) are the seventh-most in the NHL.
- The Lightning’s 228 total goals given up (2.8 per game) are the sixth-fewest in the NHL.
- Their +57 goal differential is seventh-best in the league.
- The Lightning have recorded 63 power-play goals this season (fourth-most in the NHL) on 260 power-play chances.
- The Lightning have a 24.2% power-play conversion rate, the league’s No. 7 percentage.
- The Lightning have scored seven shorthanded goals this season (12th in the NHL).
- The Lightning’s ninth-best penalty kill rate is 81.4%.
- The Lightning win 50.1% of their faceoffs. That’s the 15th-ranked rate in the NHL.
- The Lightning are shooting 11.3% (third in the league).
- The Lightning have not had a shutout win yet this season.
Maple Leafs and Lightning Injury Report
Maple Leafs: Rasmus Sandin: Out (Undisclosed), Petr Mrazek: Out (Groin)
Betting Tips for Maple Leafs vs. Lightning
We have the Maple Leafs listed as the best bet on the moneyline in this game, and our pick against the spread is the . Our computer model has the scoring going under the total of goals once the game has been played.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price