The Los Angeles Dodgers open their season as -210 favorites in a road matchup with the Colorado Rockies on Friday at 4:10 PM ET. Walker Buehler starts for Los Angeles while Kyle Freeland is Colorado’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Colorado Rockies: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+175)
Dodgers vs. Rockies Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Kyle Freeland
- Game Day: Friday, April 8, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Walker Buehler
- Buehler will start for the Dodgers, his first this season.
- The 27-year-old righty started and threw 4 2/3 innings in his last appearance on Sunday, Oct. 24 against the Atlanta Braves.
- Last season he finished with a 2.47 ERA and a 0.968 WHIP over his 33 games, putting together a 16-4 record.
- He ranked third in ERA (2.47), fourth in WHIP (.968), and 21st in K/9 (9.2) among qualified pitchers in the majors last season.
Rockies Starter Kyle Freeland
- The Rockies will send Freeland to the mound for his first start this season.
- The last time the 28-year-old lefty pitched was on Wednesday, Sept. 29, throwing 6 2/3 innings as the starter against the Washington Nationals.
- He finished last season with a 4.33 ERA and a 1.417 WHIP while earning a 7-8 record.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers were favorites in 167 games last season and won 108 (64.7%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles entered 67 games last season favored by -210 or more and was 53-14 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 67.7% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Games involving Los Angeles went over the total set by sportsbooks in 73 of 171 chances last season.
- The Dodgers were 61-66-0 against the spread in their 127 chances last season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies won in 44, or 37.9%, of the 116 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Colorado had a win-loss record of 10-23 when favored by +175 or worse by bookmakers last year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 36.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado and its opponents went over the total last season in 65 of their 159 opportunities.
- The Rockies went 63-53-0 against the spread in their 116 games that had a posted line last season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Freddie Freeman hit .300 last season with 25 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 85 walks.
- Trea Turner had a .328 batting average with 195 hits.
- Max Muncy accumulated 36 home runs and had 94 runs batted in last season.
- Justin Turner had 22 doubles, 27 home runs and 61 walks while hitting .278.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron had a batting average of .281, with 28 home runs and 92 runs batted in last season.
- Kris Bryant hit .265 with 32 doubles, two triples, 25 home runs and 62 walks.
- Ryan McMahon hit .254 last season with 32 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 59 walks.
- Randal Grichuk had 25 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 27 walks while batting .241.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Rockies
After digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +175.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price