The Los Angeles Dodgers (8-3) host the Atlanta Braves (6-7) Wednesday to close out a three-game series. The Dodgers are favored (-135) to win the rubber match, which starts at 3:10 PM ET from Dodger Stadium. Los Angeles’ Tony Gonsolin and Atlanta’s Charlie Morton have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta Braves: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (+114) and Over (8.5)
Dodgers vs. Braves Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Tony Gonsolin
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Charlie Morton
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Tony Gonsolin
- The Dodgers will look to Gonsolin (0-0) in his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Cincinnati Reds, when he tossed four scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- In two appearances this season, he has a 1.29 ERA and 6.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .276 against him.
- He will match up with a Braves offense that ranks first in MLB with 103 total hits (on a .241 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .416 (seventh in MLB) with 16 total home runs (first in MLB).
Braves Starter Charlie Morton
- The Braves’ Morton will make his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Friday against the San Diego Padres, throwing five innings and giving up five earned runs.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 6.10, a 2.5 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.452.
- Morton has started two games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings two times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Dodgers have scored 59 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .251 for the campaign with nine home runs, 16th in the league.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 11 games this season and won eight (72.7%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has a record of 8-3, a 72.7% win rate, when favored by -135 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in four of 11 chances this season.
- The Dodgers are 8-3-0 against the spread in their 11 chances this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have won in three of the six contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Atlanta has been listed as an underdog of +114 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Braves have a 46.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Atlanta and their opponents have gone over in six of their 13 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Braves are 5-8-0 against the spread in their 13 games that had a posted line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Gavin Lux is stellar at finding his way aboard when he’s at the plate. Lux leads the Dodgers this season with a .405 OBP and eight base hits.
- Of all hitters in MLB, Lux ranks 76th in home runs and 66th in RBI.
- Lux carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .167 with a triple and five walks.
- Trea Turner’s 10 runs batted in pace his team.
- Turner ranks 76th in home runs and sixth in RBI in the majors.
- Turner has five straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and six RBI.
- Freddie Freeman has three doubles, a home run and five walks while batting .295.
- Freeman is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. In his last five games he is batting .278 with a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Will Smith is hitting .259 with two doubles, a home run and three walks.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson paces the Braves with a team-high batting average of .413.
- Olson is 26th in home runs and 197th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ozzie Albies has hit five home runs with nine runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Among all major league hitters, Albies ranks second in home runs and 11th in RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna has three doubles, four home runs and a walk while batting .288.
- Austin Riley is batting .292 with four doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Braves
Our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at +114 after analyzing all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price