The Los Angeles Dodgers (8-2) roll into Tuesday’s matchup with the Atlanta Braves (5-7) looking to extend a seven-game winning streak. The contest starts at 10:10 PM ET with the Dodgers listed as -158 favorites on the moneyline. Los Angeles’ Walker Buehler gets the start, and he’ll go against Atlanta’s Max Fried.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta Braves: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (+136) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Braves Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Walker Buehler
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Max Fried
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Walker Buehler
- The Dodgers are sending Buehler (1-0) to the mound to make his third start of the season.
- In his last time out on Friday, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Cincinnati Reds, allowing two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .220 against him this season. He has a 3.37 ERA and 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings over his two games.
- He will match up with a Braves offense that ranks third in MLB with 91 total hits (on a .233 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .409 (eighth in MLB) with 15 total home runs (first in MLB).
- The 27-year-old ranks 32nd in ERA (3.37), 40th in WHIP (1.313), and 38th in K/9 (7.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Braves Starter Max Fried
- Fried will take to the mound for the Braves, his third start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing seven hits against the Washington Nationals.
- He has pitched in two games this season with an ERA of 5.73, a batting average against of .326 and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Fried will look to pitch five or more innings for the third start in a row.
- The Dodgers have scored 58 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They are batting .266 for the campaign with nine home runs, 14th in the league.
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Dodgers have won eight out of the 10 games in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has entered eight games this season favored by -158 or more and is 7-1 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 61.2% chance to win.
- So far this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 10 games with a total.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 8-2-0 in 10 games with a spread this season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves have been underdogs in five games this season and have come away with the win two times (40%) in those contests.
- Atlanta has played as an underdog of +136 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Braves have a 42.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Atlanta have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in six of 12 chances this season.
- The Braves have an against the spread mark of 4-8-0 in 12 games with a line this season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Gavin Lux has a double, a triple, a home run and seven walks while hitting .276.
- Lux’s home runs rank him 66th in MLB, and he is 55th in RBI.
- Lux carries a five-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .167 with a triple and five walks.
- Freddie Freeman has three doubles, a home run and five walks while batting .325.
- Freeman ranks 66th in home runs and 55th in RBI in the bigs.
- Freeman has three straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a double, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Trea Turner has a team-best 10 runs batted in.
- Turner has at least one base hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .381 with a double, a triple, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Will Smith is hitting .269 with two doubles, a home run and three walks.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson paces the Braves with a team-high batting average of .452.
- Olson’s home run total places him 21st in MLB, and he is 179th in RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna is hitting .292 with three doubles, four home runs and a walk.
- Ozuna is currently fourth in home runs and 13th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Ozzie Albies paces the Braves in home runs (five) and runs batted in (nine).
- Austin Riley is hitting .273 with four doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Braves
Our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at +136 after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer projects the scoring will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price