The Los Angeles Dodgers (7-2) will look to Freddie Freeman, red hot after a four-hit game, to lead them in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves (5-6) on Monday at 10:10 PM ET. The Dodgers are -193 favorites for the contest, according to oddsmakers. Clayton Kershaw starts for Los Angeles while Huascar Ynoa is Atlanta’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Atlanta Braves: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Dodgers vs. Braves
Our computer pick: Atlanta Braves (+165) and Over (8)
Dodgers vs. Braves Game Info
- Los Angeles Dodgers probable starting pitcher: Clayton Kershaw
- Atlanta Braves probable starting pitcher: Huascar Ynoa
- Game Day: Monday, April 18, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Stadium: Dodger Stadium
Los Angeles Dodgers vs Atlanta Braves Pitching Matchup
Dodgers Starter Clayton Kershaw
- The Dodgers will look to Kershaw (1-0) in his second start of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the lefty tossed seven scoreless innings against the Minnesota Twins without surrendering a hit.
- He has a .00 ERA and 16.7 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are hitting .000 against him over his one appearances this season.
- The opposing Braves offense has a collective .229 batting average, and is sixth in the league with 81 total hits and third in MLB action with 46 runs scored. It has the ninth-ranked slugging percentage (.398) and ranks second in home runs (13) in all of MLB.
Braves Starter Huascar Ynoa
- Ynoa heads to the mound for the Braves to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he threw three innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up five earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 15.00, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 3.000 in one games this season.
- The Dodgers have scored 51 runs this season, which ranks first in MLB. They have 83 hits, fourth in baseball, with seven home runs (20th in the league).
Dodgers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Dodgers won 108, or 64.7%, of the 167 games they played as favorites last season.
- Los Angeles entered 87 games last season favored by -193 or more and was 64-23 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 65.9% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles’ games went over the total in 73 of their 171 chances last season.
- The Dodgers were 61-66-0 against the spread in their 127 chances last season.
Braves Betting Picks & Insights
- The Braves were underdogs in 59 games last season and came away with the win 29 times (49.2%) in those contests.
- Atlanta had a mark of 1-4 in contests where oddsmakers set them as +165 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Braves have a 37.7% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Atlanta and its opponents went over the total last season in 77 of their 171 opportunities.
- The Braves went 68-61-0 against the spread in their 129 games that had a posted line last season.
Dodgers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Gavin Lux has been great at finding his way aboard for the Dodgers this season, leading the squad with a .455 OBP and eight base hits.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Lux ranks 62nd in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Lux has collected a hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .231 with a triple, a home run, five walks and an RBI.
- Trea Turner has racked up seven runs batted in to lead his team.
- Turner is 62nd in home runs and 20th in RBI among all major league hitters this year.
- Turner carries a five-game streak with at least one hit into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .400 with a triple, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Will Smith has sent home a team-best seven runs batted in.
- Freeman has three doubles and three walks while hitting .324.
- Freeman is riding a three-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .381 with two doubles, a walk and four RBI.
Braves Leaders & Batting Stats
- Matt Olson hit 39 home runs last season while slugging .540.
- Ozzie Albies hit .259 with 40 doubles, seven triples, 30 home runs and 47 walks.
- Austin Riley had a batting average of .303 with 179 total hits last season.
- Dansby Swanson hit .248 with 33 doubles, two triples, 27 home runs and 52 walks.
Betting Tips for Dodgers vs. Braves
Our best bet is the Braves on the moneyline at +165 after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price