The Los Angeles Angels (5-3) are set to take on the Texas Rangers (1-6) Sunday at 2:35 PM ET. The Angels are listed as -122 favorites by bookmakers, while the underdog Rangers have +102 odds for the contest. Jose Suarez will get the ball for Los Angeles while Texas counter with Martin Perez.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+102) and Over (9.5)
Angels vs. Rangers Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: José Suarez
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Martín Pérez
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 2:35 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter José Suarez
- Suarez (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Angels, his second of the season.
- The lefty last appeared on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when he threw 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up two hits.
- In one appearances this season, he has a 4.15 ERA and 4.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .133 against him.
- He will face a Rangers offense that ranks 12th in the league with 36 runs while batting .228 as a unit. It has a collective .344 slugging percentage (21st in MLB action) and has hit a total of seven home runs (17th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Martín Pérez
- Perez heads to the mound for the Rangers to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw four innings, giving up three earned runs while allowing seven hits against the Colorado Rockies.
- He has an ERA of 6.75, a 2 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 2.000 in one games this season.
- The Angels rank 12th in MLB with 36 runs scored this season. They have a .242 batting average this campaign with 13 home runs (second in the league).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won five of the seven games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles is 3-2 this season when entering a game favored by -122 or more on the moneyline.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 55% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in two of eight chances this season.
- The Angels are 4-4-0 ATS in their eight games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers have won in one of the five contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Texas has a mark of 1-3 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +102 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 49.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Contests with Texas have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in three of seven chances this season.
- The Rangers have posted a record of 2-5-0 against the spread this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Shohei Ohtani had 46 home runs and 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh hit .277 a season ago with 147 hits.
- Matt Duffy hit .287 last season with 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks.
- Anthony Rendon had 13 doubles, six home runs and 29 walks while batting .240.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Marcus Semien put up a batting average of .265, with 45 home runs and 102 runs batted in last season.
- Nate Lowe had 24 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 80 walks while batting .264.
- Adolis Garcia hit .243 a season ago with 26 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 32 walks.
- Corey Seager hit .306 with 22 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 48 walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Rangers
Our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +102 after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price