The Los Angeles Angels (4-3) and Shohei Ohtani (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-129) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Texas Rangers (1-5) on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. Los Angeles’ Noah Syndergaard gets the start, and he’ll go against Texas’ Taylor Hearn.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+108) and Over (9)
Angels vs. Rangers Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Noah Syndergaard
- Texas Rangers probable starting pitcher: Taylor Hearn
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Los Angeles Angels vs Texas Rangers Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Noah Syndergaard
- The Angels will look to Syndergaard (1-0) in his second start this season.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the Houston Astros, when the righty tossed 5 1/3 scoreless innings while allowing two hits.
- In one games this season, he has a .00 ERA and 1.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .118 against him.
- He will face a Rangers offense that ranks 24th in MLB with 49 total hits (on a .236 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .365 (21st in MLB) with seven total home runs (14th in MLB).
Rangers Starter Taylor Hearn
- Hearn heads to the mound for the Rangers to make his second start of the season, seeking his first win.
- The left-hander last pitched on Monday, when he threw 4 2/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched to a 2.25 ERA this season with 13.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.3 walks per nine across one games.
- The Angels rank 19th in MLB with 29 runs scored this season. They have a .231 batting average this campaign with 11 home runs (second in the league).
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Angels were favored 67 times and won 35, or 52.2%, of those games.
- Los Angeles had a record of 27-18 in games where sportsbooks favored them by at least -129 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 56.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles and its opponents went over the total last season in 85 of their 158 opportunities.
- The Angels had an ATS record of 51-64-0 in 115 games with a spread last season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers were victorious in 51, or 37.5%, of the 136 contests they were chosen as underdogs in last season.
- Texas had a win-loss record of 43-75 when favored by +108 or worse by oddsmakers last year.
- The Rangers have an implied victory probability of 48.1% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Texas and its opponents went over the total last season in 77 of their 159 opportunities.
- The Rangers posted a record of 52-63-0 against the spread last season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ohtani hit 46 home runs and had 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh had a .277 batting average with 147 hits.
- Matt Duffy hit .287 a season ago with 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks.
- Anthony Rendon hit .240 with 13 doubles, six home runs and 29 walks.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Marcus Semien accumulated a batting average of .265, with 45 home runs and 102 runs batted in last season.
- Nate Lowe hit .264 with 24 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 80 walks.
- Adolis Garcia hit .243 last season with 26 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 32 walks.
- Corey Seager had 22 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .306.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Rangers
We have the Rangers on the moneyline at +108 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price