An AL West matchup Thursday features the second-place Los Angeles Angels (3-3) visiting the fifth-place Texas Rangers (1-4). The Angels (-130) are listed as favorites for the game, which gets underway at 8:05 PM ET from Globe Life Field. Texas has not named a starting pitcher for this contest, while Los Angeles is projected to send Shohei Ohtani to the mound.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Angels vs. Texas Rangers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Rangers
Our computer pick: Texas Rangers (+110) and Under (9)
Angels vs. Rangers Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Shohei Ohtani
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
Angels Starter Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani makes his first start of the season for the Angels.
- In one games this season, he has a 1.93 ERA and 17.4 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are batting .222 against him.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Angels have won three out of the five games in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has played as a favorite of -130 or more once this season and won that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 56.5% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in one of six chances this season.
- The Angels are 2-4-0 ATS in their six games with a spread this season.
Rangers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rangers were underdogs in 136 games last season and came away with the win 51 times (37.5%) in those contests.
- Texas had a win-loss record of 41-74 when favored by +110 or worse by oddsmakers last year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rangers have a 47.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Texas and its opponents went over in 77 of their 159 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- In 115 games with a line last season, the Rangers had a mark of 52-63-0 against the spread.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jack Mayfield has hit a team-best one home runs.
- Brandon Marsh’s one home runs and four RBI are both team-highs.
- Mike Trout paces the Angels with one home runs.
- Jared Walsh has put his power on display as he leads his team with one home runs with a team-leading .300 batting average.
Rangers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Marcus Semien hit 45 home runs and had 102 runs batted in last season, while putting up a batting average of .265.
- Nate Lowe hit .264 with 24 doubles, three triples, 18 home runs and 80 walks.
- Adolis Garcia hit .243 a season ago with 26 doubles, two triples, 31 home runs and 32 walks.
- Corey Seager hit .306 with 22 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 48 walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Rangers
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Rangers on the moneyline at +110. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price