The Los Angeles Angels (1-3) host the Miami Marlins (1-2) on Monday to begin a two-game series, with the first pitch at 9:38 PM ET from Angel Stadium. The Angels are listed as -144 favorites, while the underdog Marlins have +123 odds on the moneyline. Michael Lorenzen will get the ball for Los Angeles while Miami counter with Elieser Hernandez.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Angels vs. Miami Marlins: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Marlins
Our computer pick: Miami Marlins (+123) and Under (9.5)
Angels vs. Marlins Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Michael Lorenzen
- Miami Marlins probable starting pitcher: Elieser Hernandez
- Game Day: Monday, April 11, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Miami Marlins Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Michael Lorenzen
- Lorenzen will make his first start of the season for the Angels.
- The 30-year-old right-hander last appeared Friday, Oct. 1 against the Pittsburgh Pirates, when he came on in relief and went zero innings.
- Last season he finished with a 1-2 record, a 5.59 ERA and a 1.379 WHIP over his 27 games.
Marlins Starter Elieser Hernandez
- Hernandez will make his first start of the season for the Marlins.
- The last time the 26-year-old righty pitched was on Wednesday, Sept. 29, throwing five innings as the starter against the New York Mets.
- He pitched to a 4.18 ERA while striking out 9.2 batters per nine innings with a record of 1-3 last season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels were favorites in 67 games last season and won 35 (52.2%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles entered 31 games last season favored by -144 or more and was 19-12 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 59% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Last season, Los Angeles and its opponents hit the over in 85 of their 158 games with a total.
- The Angels were 51-64-0 against the spread last season.
Marlins Betting Picks & Insights
- The Marlins were victorious in 39, or 35.1%, of the 111 contests they were chosen as underdogs in last season.
- Miami had a mark of 23-49 in contests where sportsbooks set them as +123 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 44.8% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Miami and its opponents went over in 71 of their 159 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Marlins went 61-56-0 against the spread in their 117 games that had a posted line last season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Shohei Ohtani had 46 home runs and 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh had a .277 batting average with 147 hits.
- David Fletcher hit .262 a season ago with 27 doubles, three triples, two home runs and 31 walks.
- Matt Duffy hit .287 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks.
Marlins Leaders & Batting Stats
- Avisail Garcia hit 29 home runs last season while slugging .490.
- Jesus Aguilar made the most of his opportunities with 93 runs batted in while collecting 117 hits.
- Jorge Soler hit .223 last season with 27 doubles, 27 home runs and 67 walks.
- Miguel Rojas hit .265 a season ago with 131 hits.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Marlins
After taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Marlins on the moneyline at +123. Our computer picks see the scoring going under the total of 9.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price