The Los Angeles Angels (7-4) and the Houston Astros (6-5) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET. The Angels are -135 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Astros (+115). Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani and Houston’s Jake Odorizzi have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Angels vs. Houston Astros: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Astros
Our computer pick: Houston Astros (+115) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Astros Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Shohei Ohtani
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Jake Odorizzi
- Game Day: Wednesday, April 20, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Los Angeles Angels vs Houston Astros Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani makes his first start of the season for the Angels.
- The 27-year-old right-hander came out of the bullpen in his last outing this season, his only action so far.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of just .222 against him this season. He has a 1.93 ERA and 17.4 strikeouts per nine innings over his one games.
- The Astros have MLB’s 18th-ranked scoring offense (41 total runs) and have put up a .213 batting average as a team while hitting 14 home runs (third in the league) this season.
Astros Starter Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi will take to the mound for the Astros, his third start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday against the Seattle Mariners, throwing 4 1/3 innings and giving up four earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 6.48, a batting average against of .378 and 3.2 strikeouts per nine innings in two games this season.
- The Angels rank fourth in MLB with 54 runs scored this season. They have a .253 batting average this campaign with 14 home runs (third in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Angels to go 6-for-18 with a double and two RBI in four innings this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have won six of the eight games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Los Angeles has played as a favorite of -135 or more once this season and won that game.
- The bookmakers’ moneyline implies a 57.4% chance of a victory for the Angels.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of their 11 opportunities.
- The Angels have an ATS record of 6-5-0 in 11 games with a spread this season.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have been victorious in two of the three contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Houston this season with a +115 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Astros have a 46.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Houston and their opponents have hit the over in five of their 11 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Astros are 5-6-0 against the spread in their 11 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ohtani has homered three times this season, the highest mark on the Angels, while hitting .213 with seven RBI.
- Among all MLB hitters, Ohtani is 111th in batting average, 148th in on-base percentage, and 71st in slugging.
- Ohtani has collected a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
- Brandon Marsh has capitalized on opportunities as he leads his team with eight RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .269 with three doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Jack Mayfield is hitting .360 with a double, a triple, a home run and two walks.
- Mayfield takes a three-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with a triple, two walks and two RBI.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Bregman has driven in a team-best eight runs batted in.
- Among all batters in the big leagues, Bregman is 26th in homers and 18th in RBI.
- Jeremy Pena is batting .333 to lead the lineup.
- Pena is currently 26th in home runs and 97th in RBI in the big leagues.
- Yordan Alvarez leads the Astros with three long balls.
- Michael Brantley is batting .293 with two doubles, a home run and four walks.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Astros
After digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Astros on the moneyline at +115. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price