The Los Angeles Angels are moneyline favorites (-131) to begin their season with a home win over the Houston Astros on Thursday at 9:38 PM ET. Los Angeles’ Shohei Ohtani and Houston’s Framber Valdez have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Los Angeles Angels vs. Houston Astros: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Angels vs. Astros
Our computer pick: Houston Astros (+111) and Over (8.5)
Angels vs. Astros Game Info
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Shohei Ohtani
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Framber Valdez
- Game Day: Thursday, April 7, 2022
- Game Time: 9:38 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Los Angeles Angels vs Houston Astros Pitching Matchup
Angels Starter Shohei Ohtani
- Ohtani will start for the Angels, his first this season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, Sept. 26, the 27-year-old right-hander started the game and went 7 2/3 innings against the Seattle Mariners.
- Last season he finished with a 3.18 ERA and a 1.09 WHIP over his 23 games, compiling a 9-2 record.
Astros Starter Framber Valdez
- Valdez has been named the starter for the Astros and will make his first start this season.
- The last time the 28-year-old pitched was on Monday, Nov. 1 against the Atlanta Braves. The lefty threw 2 2/3 innings as the starter in that matchup.
- He ended last season with a 3.14 ERA and a 1.248 WHIP in 22 games, finishing with an 11-6 record.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels won 35, or 52.2%, of the 67 games they played as favorites last season.
- Los Angeles had a record of 26-17 in games where sportsbooks favored them by at least -131 on the moneyline.
- The Angels have a 56.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Los Angeles’ games went over the total in 85 of their 158 chances last season.
- The Angels were 51-64-0 ATS in their 115 games with a spread last season.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros were chosen as underdogs in 30 games last year and walked away with the win 14 times (46.7%) in those games.
- Houston had a mark of 6-4 in contests where bookmakers set them as +111 or longer on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 47.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- Houston and its opponents hit the over in 93 of their 175 games with a total set by oddsmakers last season.
- The Astros had an against the spread mark of 67-63-0 in 130 games with a line last season.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Ohtani accumulated 46 home runs and had 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh hit .277 a season ago with 147 hits.
- David Fletcher hit .262 a season ago with 27 doubles, three triples, two home runs and 31 walks.
- Matt Duffy hit .287 with 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Altuve hit .278 a season ago with 32 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker hit .294 with 37 doubles, three triples, 30 home runs and 53 walks.
- Yuli Gurriel had a batting average of .319 with 169 total hits last season.
- Yordan Alvarez had 33 home runs and 104 RBI a season ago.
Betting Tips for Angels vs. Astros
We have the Astros on the moneyline at +111 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price