The Kansas City Royals (2-5) will try to put a stop to their current five-game losing streak when they host the Detroit Tigers (4-4) at 4:10 PM ET Saturday. Oddsmakers consider the Royals to be -122 favorites to end their skid, while the Tigers are +102 underdogs looking for the upset. Kansas City’s Kris Bubic and Detroit’s Matt Manning have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Royals vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+102) and Over (8.5)
Royals vs. Tigers Game Info
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Kris Bubic
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Matt Manning
- Game Day: Saturday, April 16, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Royals Starter Kris Bubic
- Bubic (0-1) makes the start for the Royals, his second of the season.
- His last appearance came on Sunday against the Cleveland Guardians, when the lefty tossed two-thirds of an inning, surrendering five earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of .600 against him this season. He has a 67.50 ERA and 0.0 strikeouts per nine innings over his one appearances.
- He will take the hill against a Tigers offense that ranks 19th in MLB with 53 total hits (on a .209 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .331 (24th in MLB) with six total home runs (19th in MLB).
Tigers Starter Matt Manning
- Manning will get the start for the Tigers, his second of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he threw six innings against the Boston Red Sox, giving up one earned run.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 1.50, a batting average against of .053 and 3.0 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Royals rank 28th in MLB with 22 runs scored this season. They have a .204 batting average this campaign with four home runs (28th in the league).
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals entered a game as favorites 48 times last season and won 26, or 54.2%, of those games.
- Last season, Kansas City won 14 of its 30 games, or 46.7%, when favored by at least -122 on the moneyline.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Royals have a 55% chance to win.
- Kansas City and its opponents hit the over in 68 of their 159 games with a total last season.
- The Royals had an ATS record of 54-59-0 in 113 games with a spread last season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers came away with 64 wins in the 138 contests they were listed as the underdogs in last season.
- Detroit had a win-loss record of 61-66 when favored by +102 or worse by sportsbooks last year.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 49.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Detroit and its opponents went over in 66 of their 160 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Tigers went 70-48-0 against the spread in their 118 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 last season with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Salvador Perez hit 48 home runs with 121 RBI last year.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 last season with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez hit .300 a season ago with 149 hits.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows drove in 106 runs last season, while batting .234.
- Robbie Grossman had 23 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 98 walks while hitting .239.
- Jonathan Schoop had a batting average of .278 with 173 total hits last season.
- Jeimer Candelario had 42 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 65 walks while batting .271.
Betting Tips for Royals vs. Tigers
We have the Tigers on the moneyline at +102 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after taking a look at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price