Following a two-homer game in a loss to the Cardinals, Salvador Perez leads the Kansas City Royals (2-3) into action as -125 favorites against the Detroit Tigers (2-4). First pitch from Kauffman Stadium at 8:10 PM ET on Thursday. Brad Keller will get the ball for Kansas City while Detroit counter with Casey Mize.
Table of Contents
Kansas City Royals vs. Detroit Tigers: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Royals vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+105) and Over (8.5)
Royals vs. Tigers Game Info
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Brad Keller
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Casey Mize
- Game Day: Thursday, April 14, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Kansas City Royals vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Royals Starter Brad Keller
- Keller (0-0) pitches for the Royals to make his second start of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Saturday against the Cleveland Guardians, when the right-hander threw six scoreless innings while giving up two hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .111 against him this season. He has a .00 ERA and 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings over his one games.
- The opposing Tigers offense has a collective .214 batting average, and is 13th in the league with 41 total hits and 19th in MLB play with 21 runs scored. It has the 19th-ranked slugging percentage (.354) and ranks 12th in home runs (five) in all of MLB.
- This season, the 26-year-old ranks first in ERA (.00), ninth in WHIP (.500), and 37th in K/9 (7.5) among qualifying pitchers.
Tigers Starter Casey Mize
- Mize will get the start for the Tigers, his second of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Saturday, when he threw five innings, giving up four earned runs while allowing seven hits against the Chicago White Sox.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 7.20, a batting average against of .318 and 3.6 strikeouts per nine innings.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Royals were favorites in 48 games last season and won 26 (54.2%) of those contests.
- Kansas City entered 27 games last season favored by -125 or more and was 11-16 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Royals, based on the moneyline, is 55.6%.
- Last season, Kansas City and its opponents hit the over in 68 of their 159 games with a total.
- The Royals were 54-59-0 ATS in their 113 games with a spread last season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers were underdogs in 138 games last season and came away with the win 64 times (46.4%) in those contests.
- Last year, Detroit won 58 of 121 games when listed as at least +105 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 48.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Detroit and its opponents went over in 66 of their 160 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Tigers had an against the spread record of 70-48-0 in 118 games with a line last season.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 last season with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Perez hit 48 home runs with 121 runs batted in last year.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 a season ago with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez had a .300 batting average with 149 hits.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Austin Meadows plated 106 runs last season, while batting .234.
- Robbie Grossman had 23 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 98 walks while batting .239.
- Jonathan Schoop had a batting average of .278 with 173 total hits last season.
- Jeimer Candelario hit .271 with 42 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 65 walks.
Betting Tips for Royals vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +105 after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price