Seeking their second win of the year, the Kansas City Royals (1-0) are favorites (-125) on the moneyline when they take on the Cleveland Guardians (0-1) Saturday at 4:10 PM ET. Kansas City’s Brad Keller and Cleveland’s Zach Plesac have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Kansas City Royals vs. Cleveland Guardians: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Royals vs. Guardians
Our computer pick: Cleveland Guardians (+105) and Over (7.5)
Royals vs. Guardians Game Info
- Kansas City Royals probable starting pitcher: Brad Keller
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Zach Plesac
- Game Day: Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Kansas City, Missouri
- Stadium: Kauffman Stadium
Kansas City Royals vs Cleveland Guardians Pitching Matchup
Royals Starter Brad Keller
- Keller starts for the first time this season for the Royals.
- The 26-year-old righty started and threw 4 1/3 innings when he last appeared on Friday, Aug. 27 against the Seattle Mariners.
- Last season he finished with an 8-12 record, a 5.39 ERA and a 1.661 WHIP over his 26 games.
Guardians Starter Zach Plesac
- The Guardians will send Plesac to the mound for his first start this season.
- The 27-year-old righty last pitched Thursday, Sept. 30 against the Kansas City Royals, tossing six innings as the starter.
- He ended last season with a 4.67 ERA and a 1.199 WHIP in 25 games, finishing with a 10-6 record.
Royals Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Royals won 26 out of the 48 games, or 54.2%, in which they were favored.
- Last season, Kansas City won 11 of its 27 games, or 40.7%, when favored by at least -125 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Royals, based on the moneyline, is 55.6%.
- Last season, Kansas City and its opponents hit the over in 68 of their 159 games with a total.
- The Royals were 54-59-0 against the spread in their 113 chances last season.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians were underdogs in 91 games last season and came away with the win 38 times (41.8%) in those contests.
- Cleveland had a win-loss record of 28-43 when favored by +105 or worse by oddsmakers last year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Guardians have a 48.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Cleveland’s games went over the total in 82 of its 157 opportunities.
- The Guardians went 58-53-0 against the spread in their 111 games with a line set by sportsbooks last season.
Royals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Whit Merrifield hit .277 a season ago with 42 doubles, three triples, 10 home runs and 40 walks.
- Salvador Perez had 48 home runs and 121 RBI a season ago.
- Carlos Santana hit .214 last season with 15 doubles, 19 home runs and 86 walks.
- Nicky Lopez had a .300 batting average with 149 hits.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez had 36 home runs and 103 runs batted in last season.
- Myles Straw had 29 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 67 walks while batting .271.
- Amed Rosario had a batting average of .282 with 155 total hits last season.
- Franmil Reyes hit .254 with 18 doubles, two triples, 30 home runs and 43 walks.
Betting Tips for Royals vs. Guardians
We have the Guardians on the moneyline at +105 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after analyzing all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price