The Houston Astros (5-3) and the Seattle Mariners (4-4) meet in the rubber match of a three-game series on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Astros are -122 favorites on the moneyline to win the series over the Mariners (+102). Jose Urquidy will get the ball for Houston while Seattle counter with Matt Brash.
Table of Contents
Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+102) and Over (8)
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: José Urquidy
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Matt Brash
- Game Day: Sunday, April 17, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter José Urquidy
- Urquidy (1-0) starts for the Astros, his second this season.
- His last time out was on Sunday against the Los Angeles Angels, when the righty went five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing four hits.
- Opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .222 against him this season. He has a 1.80 ERA and 3.6 strikeouts per nine innings over his one appearances.
- The opposing Mariners offense has the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.374) and is ninth in MLB play with nine home runs. It has a collective .223 batting average, and is 18th in MLB with 59 total hits and 20th in MLB play scoring 32 runs.
Mariners Starter Matt Brash
- The Mariners’ Brash will make his second start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing four hits against the Chicago White Sox.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 3.38, a batting average against of .200 and 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Astros have scored 29 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They have 58 hits, 20th in baseball, with 10 home runs (fifth in the league).
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Astros won 87 out of the 143 games, or 60.8%, in which they were favored.
- Houston was 78-46 last season when entering a game favored by -122 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston’s games went over the total in 93 of their 175 chances last season.
- In 130 games with a spread last season, the Astros were 67-63-0 ATS.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners were chosen as underdogs in 112 games last year and walked away with the win 62 times (55.4%) in those games.
- Seattle had a mark of 53-43 in contests where oddsmakers set them as +102 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mariners have a 49.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Seattle and its opponents went over in 81 of their 160 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Mariners went 65-52-0 against the spread in their 117 games that had a posted line last season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Altuve hit .278 last season with 32 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 66 walks.
- Kyle Tucker hit .294 with 37 doubles, three triples, 30 home runs and 53 walks.
- Yuli Gurriel had a batting average of .319 with 169 total hits last season.
- Michael Brantley hit .311 with 29 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 33 walks.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- J.P. Crawford paces the Mariners with a team-high batting average of .400.
- Crawford is 167th in home runs and 224th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Crawford carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .412 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Ty France has two doubles, a home run and five walks while hitting .300.
- France is 56th among all hitters in the majors in homers, and 27th in RBI.
- Adam Frazier has two doubles, a triple and a walk while batting .257.
- Tom Murphy has a home run and three walks while batting .500.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Mariners
Our best bet is the Mariners on the moneyline at +102 after analyzing all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 8 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price