The Houston Astros will look to pick up their fifth win of the season when they take on the Seattle Mariners (3-3) Friday. The game begins at 9:42 PM ET, with the Astros listed as -127 favorites on the moneyline. Jake Odorizzi will get the ball for Houston while Seattle counter with Marco Gonzales.
Table of Contents
Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Mariners
Our computer pick: Seattle Mariners (+108) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Mariners Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Jake Odorizzi
- Seattle Mariners probable starting pitcher: Marco Gonzales
- Game Day: Friday, April 15, 2022
- Game Time: 9:42 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Jake Odorizzi
- Odorizzi (0-0) pitches for the Astros to make his second start this season.
- In his last appearance on Saturday, the right-hander tossed four innings against the Los Angeles Angels, allowing two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In one appearances this season, he has a 4.50 ERA and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .333 against him.
- The opposing Mariners offense has the 16th-ranked slugging percentage (.374) and is sixth in MLB play with eight home runs. It has a collective .212 batting average, and is 16th in MLB with 43 total hits and 20th in MLB action scoring 21 runs.
Mariners Starter Marco Gonzales
- Gonzales will take to the mound for the Mariners, his second start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw two innings, giving up two earned runs while allowing six hits against the Minnesota Twins.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of 9.00, a batting average against of .462 and 4.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Astros have scored 24 runs this season, which ranks 17th in MLB. They are batting .220 for the campaign with nine home runs, second in the league.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have won two of the three games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Houston has played as a favorite of -127 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The implied probability of a win from the Astros, based on the moneyline, is 55.9%.
- Games involving Houston have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in one of six chances this season.
- The Astros are 3-3-0 against the spread this season.
Mariners Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mariners have come away with two wins in the five contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Seattle has been listed as an underdog of +108 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The Mariners have an implied victory probability of 48.1% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in two of their six opportunities.
- The Mariners are 4-2-0 against the spread in their six games that had a posted line this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Alex Bregman’s two homers and seven RBI both lead the Astros, on top of his team-high .333 average.
- Among all MLB hitters, Bregman is 33rd in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage, and 26th in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker has hit two home runs to pace his team.
- Tucker is 10th in home runs in MLB, and 36th in RBI.
- Jose Siri is hitting .455 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Siri has at least one base hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .455 with a double, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez has a double, a home run and three walks while batting .143.
Mariners Leaders & Batting Stats
- Mitch Haniger accumulated 39 home runs and had 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jesse Winker hit .305 with 32 doubles, a triple, 24 home runs and 53 walks.
- Ty France hit .291 last season with 32 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 46 walks.
- Adam Frazier had a .305 batting average with 176 hits.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Mariners
We have the Mariners on the moneyline at +108 on the moneyline as our best bet in this game after digging through all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price