The Houston Astros (6-4) will look to Yordan Alvarez, who is coming off a two-homer game, to lead them in a matchup with the Los Angeles Angels (6-4) Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are -155 favorites for the contest, according to bookmakers. Houston’s Framber Valdez and Los Angeles’ Patrick Sandoval have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Angels
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (+133) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Angels Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Framber Valdez
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Patrick Sandoval
- Game Day: Tuesday, April 19, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Framber Valdez
- The Astros will look to Valdez (1-0) in his third start this season.
- His most recent appearance was on Wednesday against the Arizona Diamondbacks, when the left-hander went three innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing two hits.
- He has a .93 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings while opponents are batting .125 against him over his two games this season.
- He will face an Angels offense that ranks seventh in the league with 47 runs while batting .242 as a unit. It has a collective .420 slugging percentage (sixth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 14 home runs (second in MLB).
Angels Starter Patrick Sandoval
- Sandoval will get the start for the Angels, his second of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Tuesday, when he threw four innings against the Miami Marlins, giving up no earned runs.
- He has pitched in one games this season with an ERA of .00, a batting average against of .200 and 13.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Astros are batting .216 this season, 22nd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .386 (12th in the league) with 13 home runs.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- The Astros have won four of the seven games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Houston has played as a favorite of -155 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 60.8% chance of a victory for the Astros.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in four of their 10 opportunities.
- The Astros have an ATS record of 5-5-0 in 10 games with a spread this season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels have were defeated in both of the match ups they have played as underdogs this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Los Angeles this season with a +133 moneyline set for this game.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 42.9% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Los Angeles and their opponents have gone over in four of their 10 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Angels have posted a record of 5-5-0 against the spread this season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- The Astros RBI leader this season is Alex Bregman, who has driven in seven runs while hitting .265 with two home runs.
- Among all hitters in MLB, Bregman’s home run total places him 21st, and his RBI tally puts him 23rd.
- Alvarez has put his power on display as he leads his team with three home runs.
- Jeremy Pena has put up a team-high batting average of .344.
- Michael Brantley is batting .289 with two doubles, a home run and three walks.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Shohei Ohtani paces the Angels in home runs (three) and runs batted in (seven).
- In all of the big leagues, Ohtani ranks seventh in homers and 23rd in RBI.
- Ohtani carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .318 with three home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Mike Trout is hitting .269 with three doubles, a home run and five walks.
- Trout is 66th in home runs and 179th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Brandon Marsh is hitting .227 with two doubles, a home run and three walks.
- Jared Walsh paces the Angels with a team-high batting average of .323.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Angels
After digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Angels on the moneyline at +133. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price