Following a two-homer game last time out, Kyle Tucker leads the Houston Astros (2-0) into action as -125 favorites against the Los Angeles Angels (0-2). First pitch from Angel Stadium at 9:07 PM ET on Saturday. Justin Verlander starts for Houston while Noah Syndergaard is Los Angeles’ starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels: Predictions, Betting Odds, Spread, Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Astros vs. Angels
Our computer pick: Los Angeles Angels (+105) and Over (8.5)
Astros vs. Angels Game Info
- Houston Astros probable starting pitcher: Justin Verlander
- Los Angeles Angels probable starting pitcher: Noah Syndergaard
- Game Day: Saturday, April 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels Pitching Matchup
Astros Starter Justin Verlander
- Verlander takes the mound for his first start of the season for the Astros.
- The 39-year-old right-hander makes his season debut and his first appearance in more than a year.
Angels Starter Noah Syndergaard
- The Angels will send Syndergaard to the mound for his first start this season.
- The last time the righty took the mound was on Sunday, Oct. 3 last season, when he pitched one inning in a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- He finished last season with a 9.00 ERA and a 1.500 WHIP while earning a 0-1 record.
Astros Betting Picks & Insights
- Last season, the Astros won 87 out of the 143 games, or 60.8%, in which they were favored.
- Houston was 77-43 last season when entering a game favored by -125 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Astros have a 55.6% chance to win.
- Houston and its opponents went over the total last season in 93 of their 175 opportunities.
- The Astros were 67-63-0 against the spread in their 130 chances last season.
Angels Betting Picks & Insights
- The Angels were underdogs in 88 games last season and came away with the win 39 times (44.3%) in those contests.
- Los Angeles had a mark of 32-41 in contests where sportsbooks set them as +105 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 48.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Los Angeles and its opponents went over the total last season in 85 of their 158 opportunities.
- The Angels had an against the spread record of 51-64-0 in 115 games with a line last season.
Astros Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Altuve hit .278 a season ago with 32 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 66 walks.
- Tucker hit .294 with 37 doubles, three triples, 30 home runs and 53 walks.
- Yordan Alvarez racked up 33 home runs and had 104 runs batted in last season.
- Michael Brantley had 29 doubles, three triples, eight home runs and 33 walks while hitting .311.
Angels Leaders & Batting Stats
- Shohei Ohtani racked up 46 home runs and had 100 runs batted in last season.
- Jared Walsh hit .277 a season ago with 147 hits.
- David Fletcher hit .262 last season with 27 doubles, three triples, two home runs and 31 walks.
- Matt Duffy had 12 doubles, five home runs and 25 walks while hitting .287.
Betting Tips for Astros vs. Angels
Our best bet is the Angels on the moneyline at +105 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the scoring will over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price