The Cleveland Guardians (17-19), led by Josh Naylor on a two-game home run streak, are -182 favorites on the moneyline to defeat the Detroit Tigers (13-26). First pitch is set for 1:40 PM ET Sunday, live from Progressive Field. Shane Bieber will get the ball for Cleveland while Detroit counter with Alex Faedo.
Table of Contents
Guardians vs. Tigers Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. Tigers
Our computer pick: Detroit Tigers (+158) and Over (7.5)
Guardians vs. Tigers Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Shane Bieber
- Detroit Tigers probable starting pitcher: Alex Faedo
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
Cleveland Guardians vs Detroit Tigers Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Shane Bieber
- The Guardians are sending Bieber (1-2) out to make his eighth start of the season. He is 1-2 with a 3.96 ERA and 36 strikeouts through 38 2/3 innings pitched.
- His last time out came on Saturday, May 14 against the Minnesota Twins, when the right-hander threw six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up seven hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 3.96, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings, in seven games this season. Opponents are hitting .257 against him.
- Bieber heads into this outing with four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Bieber is looking to pick up his sixth start of five or more innings this year in this outing.
- The opposing Tigers offense has the worst slugging percentage (.312) and is last in MLB play with 20 home runs. It has a collective .218 batting average, and is last in MLB with 274 total hits and last in MLB action scoring 106 runs.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 26-year-old’s 3.96 ERA ranks 43rd, 1.293 WHIP ranks 50th, and 8.4 K/9 ranks 28th.
Tigers Starter Alex Faedo
- The Tigers will send Faedo (0-1) to the mound for his fourth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in 5 2/3 innings against the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.87, a 3 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.277 in three games this season.
- Faedo will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Guardians have scored 169 runs this season, which ranks 14th in MLB. They are batting .247 for the campaign with 33 home runs, 21st in the league.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- The Guardians have won eight, or 61.5%, of the 13 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Cleveland has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -182.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 64.5% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in 22 of their 40 chances.
- The Guardians are 20-20-0 against the spread this season.
Tigers Betting Picks & Insights
- The Tigers have won in eight, or 29.6%, of the 27 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This year, Detroit has won two of nine games when listed as at least +158 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Tigers have a 38.8% chance of pulling out a win.
- Detroit and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of their 39 opportunities.
- The Tigers have posted a record of 16-23-0 against the spread this season.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated a team-high batting average of .287, and leads the Guardians in home runs (nine) and runs batted in (37).
- Ramirez’s home runs put him 11th in the majors, and he ranks first in RBI.
- Ramirez carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .200 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Owen Miller is hitting .286 with 12 doubles, four home runs and 11 walks.
- Miller ranks 79th in homers and 96th in RBI in the majors.
- Myles Straw has eight doubles, a triple and 22 walks while batting .254.
- Steven Kwan is batting .265 with six doubles, a triple, a home run and 17 walks.
Tigers Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .201 with six doubles, a triple, three home runs and nine walks.
- Candelario is 128th in homers and 159th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Miguel Cabrera’s 14 RBI and .276 batting average both lead his team.
- Cabrera ranks 128th in homers and 133rd in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Spencer Torkelson has four home runs, best in the lineup.
- Jonathan Schoop has four doubles, three home runs and six walks while hitting .157.
Betting Tips for Guardians vs. Tigers
Our best bet is the Tigers on the moneyline at +158 after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price