The Cleveland Guardians (9-12) will look to complete a series sweep as they take a 2-0 lead into their final matchup against the Oakland Athletics (10-11) at 4:07 PM ET Sunday from Oakland Coliseum. The Guardians are favored (-124) by oddsmakers. Cleveland’s Triston McKenzie gets the start, and he’ll go against Oakland’s James Kaprielian.
Table of Contents
Guardians vs. Athletics Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Guardians vs. Athletics
Our computer pick: Oakland Athletics (+104) and Over (7.5)
Guardians vs. Athletics Game Info
- Cleveland Guardians probable starting pitcher: Triston McKenzie
- Oakland Athletics probable starting pitcher: James Kaprielian
- Game Day: Sunday, May 1, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Cleveland Guardians vs Oakland Athletics Pitching Matchup
Guardians Starter Triston McKenzie
- The Guardians will send McKenzie (0-2) out for his fourth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.71 ERA and 17 strikeouts in 17 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Angels, when he tossed 5 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- The 24-year-old has amassed a 3.71 ERA and 9.0 strikeouts per nine innings across four games this season, while allowing a batting average of .217 to his opponents.
- The opposing Athletics offense has a collective .212 batting average, and is 23rd in the league with 146 total hits and 19th in MLB play with 81 runs scored. It has the 20th-ranked slugging percentage (.346) and ranks 19th in home runs (18) in all of MLB.
Athletics Starter James Kaprielian
- The Athletics will send out Kaprielian for his first start of the season.
- The 28-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Guardians rank fourth in MLB with a .251 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks fourth in the league (.410) and 20 home runs.
Guardians Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Guardians have been favored seven times and won five of those games.
- Cleveland is 3-1 this season when entering a game favored by -124 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 55.4% chance of a victory for the Guardians.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 11 of their 22 opportunities.
- The Guardians are 10-12-0 against the spread in their 22 chances this season.
Athletics Betting Picks & Insights
- The Athletics have come away with seven wins in the 15 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Oakland has a win-loss record of 6-8 when favored by +104 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 49% chance of walking away with the win.
- Oakland and their opponents have gone over in nine of their 21 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 21 games with a line this season, the Athletics have a mark of 11-10-0 against the spread.
Guardians Leaders & Batting Stats
- Jose Ramirez has accumulated a team-best batting average of .342, and paces the Guardians in home runs (seven) and runs batted in (28).
- Ramirez’s home runs rank him first in the majors, and he ranks first in RBI.
- Myles Straw has five doubles, a triple and 13 walks while hitting .291.
- Straw is 256th in homers in MLB, and 259th in RBI.
- Straw enters this game looking for his fourth game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is batting .412 with three doubles, four walks and an RBI.
- Owen Miller is batting .400 with nine doubles, two home runs and seven walks.
- Miller is on a two-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .294 with two doubles and two walks.
- Steven Kwan has five doubles, a triple and nine walks while batting .354.
Athletics Leaders & Batting Stats
- Sheldon Neuse leads the team in batting average with a mark of .328.
- Among all hitters in the majors, Neuse’s home run total is 76th and his RBI tally ranks 23rd.
- Neuse has collected a hit in two games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a triple, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Sean Murphy has hit four home runs with 14 runs batted in, leading the team in both categories.
- Murphy ranks 20th in home runs and 15th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Tony Kemp is batting .261 with two doubles and nine walks.
- Elvis Andrus has five doubles, a home run and eight walks while batting .206.
Betting Tips for Guardians vs. Athletics
We have the Athletics on the moneyline at +104 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price