By the numbers here are some statistics that will get you excited for the growth of legalized gambling globally.
- $901 milllion dollars is the amount of online gambling revenue in the United States in the second quarter of this past year. This is a new record and is expected to be broken each 1st and 4th quarter in 2023 & 2024.
- $25 billion dollars is the estimated revenue the Canadian sports betting market can generate each year. With more than 80% coming online sportsbooks according to a recent study done by PlayCanada. Since Canada legalized single game wagers this year it has only fueled the expansion and helped gamblers to make more money.
- 148% is the online gambling revenue increase in Colombia in the 1st half of 2021 vs the 1st half of 2020. COVID-19 did play a role in this but remember the Colombians were at home with nothing to do in 2020.
- 500 Euros is now implemented as the deposit limit for UK and Ireland customers who are under 25 years of age by parent company Flutter.
- Next year Brazil expects to have fully legalized sports betting with hopes to roll it out for the 2022 World Cup hosted in the UAE. As soccer crazed Brazil goes they look forward to the increased excitement and tax revenue that sports betting will create.
- 45.4% is the online poker tournament market share for PokerStars in Italy during the first half of this past year.
- $445 million dollars in annual gross gaming revenue generated by 2025 if the Northern Mariana Islands, a US commonwealth that is located in the Pacific Ocean. This would be a potential threat to Malta and a great opportunity for legalization through the US commonwealth.
- $260 million is the amount of money lost by New Zealand Gamlbers on pokies in pubs, clubs, and TABs betwen April and June of this past year. This is the biggest amount since 2007.
- $114 billion dollars is the predicted size of the global online gambling market revenue between 2020-2024
- $900,000 bribe was allegedly accepted by the former Ukraine Gambling and Lottery commission who then granted licenses.
- $171.3 million dollars is the amount legal online casinos, which launched in 2019 are expected to earn in Poland by 2026, according to H2 GamblingCapital.
So the future of gambling and sports betting online is very bright. Sports Information Traders is here with the latest news and updates for the industry.
Sign up for a FREE Trial Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price