The San Francisco Giants (16-12) are -249 favorites for their Monday meeting with the Colorado Rockies (16-12). The matchup between the fourth- and third-place teams in the NL West begins at 9:45 PM ET. San Francisco’s Carlos Rodon gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Austin Gomber.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+203) and Over (6.5)
Giants vs. Rockies Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Carlos Rodón
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Austin Gomber
- Game Day: Monday, May 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Carlos Rodón
- Rodon (3-1) takes the mound for the Giants in his sixth start of the season. He’s put together a 1.55 ERA in 29 innings pitched, with 41 strikeouts.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he went six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing three hits.
- The 29-year-old has put up an ERA of 1.55, with 12.7 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opposing hitters have just a .141 batting average against him.
- Rodon is trying to prolong a second-game quality start streak in this matchup.
- Rodon is seeking his sixth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per appearance on the hill.
- He will face off against a Rockies offense that ranks third in MLB with 242 total hits (on a .258 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .411 (first in MLB) with 28 total home runs (12th in MLB).
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 29-year-old ranks fifth in ERA (1.55), fourth in WHIP (.828), and second in K/9 (12.7).
Rockies Starter Austin Gomber
- Gomber (2-2) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his sixth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed seven hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Washington Nationals on Thursday.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.58 and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .257 in five games this season.
- If he completes six or more innings with three or fewer earned runs allowed, he’ll earn his fourth quality start in a row.
- Gomber has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Giants rank 12th in MLB with a .237 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 15th in the league (.374) and 30 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won 14, or 66.7%, of the 21 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has played as a favorite of -249 or more once this season and won that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 71.3% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- So far this season, San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 29 games with a total.
- The Giants are 13-15-0 against the spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have come away with nine wins in the 18 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- Oddsmakers have given Colorado the worst odds of winning they have seen this season with a +203 moneyline listed for this contest.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 33% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Colorado and their opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 28 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rockies are 14-14-0 against the spread in their 28 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores leads the Giants in runs batted in (19) and has a team-high batting average of .271.
- In all of the majors, Flores ranks 71st in home runs and 14th in RBI.
- Flores carries a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .235 with six doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Estrada ranks 116th in homers and 31st in RBI in the bigs.
- Joc Pederson has racked up a team-high six home runs.
- Brandon Crawford is batting .226 with five doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies with nine home runs and 24 runs batted in, while recording a team-high batting average of .311.
- Cron ranks first in homers and third in RBI among all hitters in the big leagues.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 12 walks while batting .267.
- Joe is currently 41st in home runs and 98th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Charlie Blackmon is batting .235 with six doubles, four home runs and eight walks.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .306 with three doubles, four home runs and four walks.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Rockies
We have the Rockies on the moneyline at +203 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after taking a look at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 6.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price