The San Francisco Giants (21-14) and Curt Casali (2 HR in his last game) are favored (-163) on the moneyline for their matchup with the Colorado Rockies (17-18) on Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET. Alex Cobb takes the mound for San Francisco while Chad Kuhl is Colorado’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+140) and Under (11.5)
Giants vs. Rockies Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Chad Kuhl
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 17, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- Cobb (2-1) takes the mound for the Giants in his sixth start of the season. He has a 3.98 ERA in 20 1/3 innings pitched, with 28 strikeouts.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Wednesday against the Colorado Rockies, when he went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- The 34-year-old has amassed a 3.98 ERA and 12.4 strikeouts per nine innings across five games this season, while giving up a batting average of .247 to his opponents.
- Cobb is yet to record a quality start so far this season.
- Cobb is looking for his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.0 innings per appearance on the mound.
- He will face a Rockies squad that is batting .262 as a unit (first in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .410 (fifth in MLB) with 34 total home runs (13th in MLB).
- Cobb has pitched 5 1/3 innings, giving up one earned run on three hits while striking out six against the Rockies this season.
Rockies Starter Chad Kuhl
- The Rockies will send Kuhl (3-1) to the mound for his seventh start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed 4 2/3 innings while giving up five earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the San Francisco Giants.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in six games this season with an ERA of 2.88 and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings, with an opponent batting average of .189.
- He has four quality starts in six chances this season.
- Kuhl has made four starts of five or more innings in six chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Giants have scored 176 runs this season, which ranks third in MLB. They are batting .245 for the campaign with 39 home runs, seventh in the league.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Giants in one game, and they have gone 7-for-21 with a home run and five RBI over 4 2/3 innings.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have entered the game as favorites 28 times this season and won 19, or 67.9%, of those games.
- San Francisco has a record of 7-3 in games where bookmakers favor them by at least -163 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 62% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- San Francisco and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 19 of their 36 opportunities.
- In 35 games with a spread this season, the Giants are 17-18-0 ATS.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been victorious in nine, or 40.9%, of the 22 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, Colorado has won two of 10 games when listed as at least +140 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rockies have a 41.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Colorado have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 20 of 35 chances this season.
- In 35 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 16-19-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada is batting .248 with seven doubles, two home runs and six walks.
- In all of the majors, Estrada is 161st in home runs and 52nd in RBI.
- Wilmer Flores’ 20 RBI and .261 batting average are both team-highs.
- Flores is 104th in homers and 34th in RBI in the majors.
- Joc Pederson has launched a team-best seven home runs.
- Brandon Crawford has five doubles, three home runs and 13 walks while hitting .203.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron paces the Rockies with nine home runs and 27 runs batted in, while posting a team-best batting average of .311.
- Cron ranks sixth in home runs and sixth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Cron carries a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .333 with a double, two walks and three RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 17 walks while batting .281.
- Joe is 67th in home runs and 151st in RBI among all batters in the big leagues.
- Charlie Blackmon has seven doubles, five home runs and nine walks while batting .217.
- Ryan McMahon has seven doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks while hitting .260.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Rockies
Our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +140 after taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup. Our computer projects the total score will under the total of 11.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price