The San Francisco Giants (18-12) roll into Wednesday’s matchup with the Colorado Rockies (16-14) looking to extend a four-game winning streak. The contest starts at 3:45 PM ET with the Giants listed as -204 favorites on the moneyline. San Francisco’s Alex Cobb gets the start, and he’ll go against Colorado’s Chad Kuhl.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+170) and Over (7.5)
Giants vs. Rockies Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Chad Kuhl
- Game Day: Wednesday, May 11, 2022
- Game Time: 3:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- Cobb gets the start for the Giants, his fifth of the season. He is 1-1 with a 4.80 ERA and 22 strikeouts in 15 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out came on Saturday against the St. Louis Cardinals, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 34-year-old has amassed an ERA of 4.80, with 13.2 strikeouts per nine innings, in four games this season. Opponents have a .270 batting average against him.
- He will take the mound against a Rockies offense that ranks second in MLB with 263 total hits (on a .260 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .410 (third in MLB) with 28 total home runs (13th in MLB).
Rockies Starter Chad Kuhl
- Kuhl (3-0) will take to the mound for the Rockies and make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in six innings against the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 1.82 and 6.7 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .158 in five games this season.
- He’s going for his fifth quality start in a row.
- Kuhl has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Giants rank second in MLB with 148 runs scored this season. They have a .244 batting average this campaign with 31 home runs (ninth in the league).
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won 16, or 69.6%, of the 23 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has a record of 4-1 when favored by -204 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Giants have a 67.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 15 of their 31 chances.
- The Giants are 15-15-0 against the spread this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been underdogs in 20 games this season and have come away with the win nine times (45%) in those contests.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win one times in six chances when named as an underdog of at least +170 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 37% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 15 of their 30 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies are 14-16-0 against the spread in their 30 games that had a posted line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has put up a team-high batting average of .270 and paces the Giants in runs batted in (19).
- Including all MLB hitters, Flores ranks 52nd in batting average, 51st in on-base percentage, and 65th in slugging.
- Flores brings a hitting streak of three games into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has seven doubles, two home runs and five walks while hitting .245.
- Estrada ranks 123rd in home runs and 27th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Estrada has two straight games with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .333 with two doubles and four RBI.
- Brandon Crawford has five doubles, two home runs and 13 walks while batting .222.
- Joc Pederson has put his power on display as he leads his team with six home runs.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron has a team-high nine home runs and has driven in 24 runs.
- In all of MLB, Cron ranks first in home runs and fourth in RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 13 walks while hitting .289.
- Among all major league hitters, Joe is 48th in homers and 104th in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has six doubles, four home runs and eight walks while hitting .225.
- Jose Iglesias leads the Rockies with a .333 batting average.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Rockies
After taking a look at all of the key statistics and trends for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +170. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price