The San Francisco Giants (16-12) will vie for their fourth straight victory when they host the Colorado Rockies (16-12) on Tuesday at 9:45 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -193 favorites by oddsmakers, while the Rockies are +163 underdogs. Alex Wood will get the ball for San Francisco while Colorado counter with Antonio Senzatela.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Rockies Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Rockies
Our computer pick: Colorado Rockies (+163) and Over (7)
Giants vs. Rockies Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Wood
- Colorado Rockies probable starting pitcher: Antonio Senzatela
- Game Day: Tuesday, May 10, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs Colorado Rockies Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Wood
- Wood (2-2 with a 4.38 ERA and 26 strikeouts in 24 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Giants, his sixth of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance came on Thursday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing four hits.
- The 31-year-old has put up an ERA of 4.38, with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings, in five games this season. Opponents are hitting .263 against him.
- Wood is yet to notch a quality start this season.
- Wood will try to go five or more innings for his fifth straight start. He’s averaging 4.3 frames per outing.
- He will match up with a Rockies offense that is hitting .258 as a unit (first in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .411 (first in MLB) with 28 total home runs (12th in MLB).
Rockies Starter Antonio Senzatela
- The Rockies’ Senzatela (2-1) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 4 1/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Washington Nationals.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 3.75, a 1.4 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.875.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Senzatela has started five games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings three times. He averages 4.2 innings per appearance.
- The Giants have scored 131 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB. They are batting .237 for the campaign with 30 home runs, ninth in the league.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Giants have won 15 out of the 22 games, or 68.2%, in which they’ve been favored.
- San Francisco has entered four games this season favored by -193 or more and is 3-1 in those contests.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 65.9% chance to win.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 14 of 30 chances this season.
- The Giants are 14-15-0 against the spread in their 29 chances this season.
Rockies Betting Picks & Insights
- The Rockies have been victorious in nine, or 47.4%, of the 19 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win one times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +163 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 38% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 14 of their 29 opportunities.
- The Rockies are 14-15-0 against the spread in their 29 games that had a posted line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores leads the Giants in runs batted in (19) and has racked up a team-high batting average of .271.
- Among all batters in MLB, Flores’ home run total ranks him 71st, and his RBI tally ranks him 14th.
- Flores has collected a hit in three straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .278 with a double, a home run, two walks and six RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .235 with six doubles, two home runs and five walks.
- Estrada ranks 116th in homers and 31st in RBI in the bigs.
- Joc Pederson has hit a team-high six home runs.
- Brandon Crawford is hitting .226 with five doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
Rockies Leaders & Batting Stats
- C.J. Cron leads the Rockies in home runs (nine), runs batted in (24) and has posted a team-best batting average of .311.
- Cron’s home run total puts him first in the big leagues, and he ranks third in RBI.
- Connor Joe has five doubles, two triples, four home runs and 12 walks while hitting .267.
- Among all major league hitters, Joe is 41st in homers and 98th in RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon has six doubles, four home runs and eight walks while batting .235.
- Randal Grichuk has three doubles, four home runs and four walks while hitting .306.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Rockies
After digging through all of the key trends and stats for this matchup, our best bet is the Rockies on the moneyline at +163. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price