The Pittsburgh Pirates (25-39 look to avoid the sweep when they host the San Francisco Giants (37-27) in the final game of a three-game set. Bookmakers have listed the Giants as -175 favorites, while the Pirates are +150 underdogs to pick up a win. San Francisco’s Alex Cobb and Pittsburgh’s Mitch Keller have been named the starters for this contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Pirates Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Pirates
Our computer pick: Pittsburgh Pirates (+150) and Over (8.5)
Giants vs. Pirates Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- Pittsburgh Pirates probable starting pitcher: Mitch Keller
- Game Day: Sunday, June 19, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
San Francisco Giants vs Pittsburgh Pirates Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- Cobb gets the call to start for the Giants, his first of the season.
- The 34-year-old right-hander makes his season debut and his first appearance in more than a year.
- The Pirates have put up 217 runs this season (28th in MLB) and are batting .219 collectively with 57 home runs (22nd in the league).
Pirates Starter Mitch Keller
- The Pirates will send Keller (2-5) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Monday, when he gave up two earned runs and allowed seven hits in 5 1/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 26-year-old has pitched to a 5.07 ERA this season with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.8 walks per nine across 12 games.
- In 10 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Keller has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Giants rank 17th in MLB with a .239 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 10th in the league (.401) and 77 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Giants have been favored 50 times and won 31, or 62%, of those games.
- San Francisco has a record of 10-7 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -175 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Giants, based on the moneyline, is 63.6%.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 31 of their 65 chances.
- In 64 games with a spread this season, the Giants are 32-32-0 ATS.
Pirates Betting Picks & Insights
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 50 games this season and have come away with the win 18 times (36%) in those contests.
- This season, Pittsburgh has come away with a win nine times in 26 chances when named as an underdog of at least +150 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 40% chance of walking away with the win.
- Pittsburgh and their opponents have hit the over in 26 of their 64 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Pirates have an against the spread record of 27-37-0 in 64 games with a line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Wilmer Flores has collected a team-high 35 runs batted in.
- In all of the majors, Flores is 64th in homers and 38th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .263 with 12 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 15 walks.
- Estrada ranks 180th in home runs and 107th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Joc Pederson has launched a team-best 14 home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski has a club-leading .267 batting average.
Pirates Leaders & Batting Stats
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up a team-high 11 home runs.
- Reynolds is 39th in homers and 158th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes’ 22 RBI and .275 batting average both pace his team.
- Among all MLB hitters, Hayes is 270th in home runs and 150th in RBI.
- Daniel Vogelbach is batting .215 with five doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 19 walks.
- Michael Chavis has driven in the most runs for the Pirates with 22 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Pirates
We have the Pirates on the moneyline at +150 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after digging through all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price