An NL West matchup Friday features the third-place San Francisco Giants (22-15) hosting the second-place San Diego Padres (24-14). The Giants (-111) are listed as favorites for the game, which gets underway at 10:15 PM ET from Oracle Park. San Francisco’s Jakob Junis gets the start, and he’ll go against San Diego’s Sean Manaea.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Padres Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Padres
Our computer pick: San Diego Padres (-109) and Over (7.5)
Giants vs. Padres Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Jakob Junis
- San Diego Padres probable starting pitcher: Sean Manaea
- Game Day: Friday, May 20, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs San Diego Padres Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Jakob Junis
- The Giants are sending Junis (1-1) to make his third start of the season.
- In his last time out on Saturday, the righty tossed 5 2/3 innings against the St. Louis Cardinals, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- In four appearances this season, he has a 1.74 ERA and 7.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .213 against him.
- Junis will look to build upon a five-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing).
- He will face a Padres offense that ranks 11th in the league with 165 runs while batting .227 as a squad. It has a collective .354 slugging percentage (23rd in MLB play) and has hit a total of 30 home runs (22nd in MLB).
Padres Starter Sean Manaea
- The Padres will send Manaea (2-3) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs in seven innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Atlanta Braves.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.77 and 10.5 strikeouts per nine innings with an opponent batting average of .214 in seven games this season.
- He’s going for his fourth quality start in a row.
- Manaea will look to pitch five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Giants are batting .248 this season, fifth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .393 (10th in the league) with 40 home runs.
- The left-hander has faced the Giants one time this season, allowing them to go 4-for-21 with two doubles and two RBI in six innings.
- Among qualified Major League pitchers this season, the 30-year-old’s 3.77 ERA ranks 40th, 1.116 WHIP ranks 26th, and 10.5 K/9 ranks eighth.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won 20, or 66.7%, of the 30 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, San Francisco has won 20 of its 30 games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -111 on the moneyline.
- The Giants have a 52.6% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving San Francisco have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 20 of 38 chances this season.
- The Giants are 18-19-0 against the spread in their 37 chances this season.
Padres Betting Picks & Insights
- The Padres have won in six, or 50%, of the 12 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- San Diego has a win-loss record of 6-6 when favored by -109 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 52.2% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 19 of their 39 opportunities.
- The Padres are 21-18-0 against the spread in their 39 games that had a posted line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada comes into Friday’s game hitting .271 with 20 RBI, both team-leading marks for the Giants. He has also connected on two round-trippers in 2022.
- Estrada is 173rd in homers and 45th in RBI among all hitters in the majors.
- Estrada carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .389 with two doubles, two walks and two RBI.
- Wilmer Flores has made the most of his opportunities as he leads his team with 20 runs batted in.
- Including all major league hitters, Flores is 117th in homers and 45th in RBI.
- Flores heads into this game looking for his third game in a row with a hit. In his last five games he is hitting .267 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Mike Yastrzemski has six doubles, three home runs and 12 walks while batting .290.
- Yastrzemski is on a three-game hitting streak entering this contest. During his last five outings he is batting .375 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
- Brandon Crawford is hitting .222 with five doubles, a triple, three home runs and 13 walks.
- Crawford is riding a two-game hitting streak into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .222 with a triple and an RBI.
Padres Leaders & Batting Stats
- Manny Machado paces the Padres with seven homers while posting a team-best batting average of .355.
- In all of the majors, Machado ranks 25th in homers and 21st in RBI.
- Machado carries a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .235 with a walk and an RBI.
- Eric Hosmer has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 24 RBI.
- Hosmer is 74th in homers and 17th in RBI among all MLB batters this year.
- Jurickson Profar is batting .192 with eight doubles, a triple, five home runs and 22 walks.
- Ha-Seong Kim has six doubles, a triple, four home runs and 14 walks while batting .221.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Padres
Our best bet is the Padres on the moneyline at -109 after looking at all of the key stats and trends for this matchup. Our computer predicts the total score will over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price