The Washington Nationals (6-11 look to avoid the sweep when they host the San Francisco Giants (10-5) in the final game of a three-game set. Bookmakers have listed the Giants as -160 favorites, while the Nationals are +140 underdogs to pick up a win. Logan Webb starts for San Francisco while Joan Adon is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+140) and Over (8.5)
Giants vs. Nationals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Logan Webb
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Joan Adon
- Game Day: Sunday, April 24, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Logan Webb
- Webb (1-1 with a 2.55 ERA and 11 strikeouts in 17 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Giants, his fourth of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the New York Mets, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In three games this season, the 25-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.55, with 5.6 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .224 against him.
- He will match up with a Nationals squad that is batting .222 as a unit (20th in MLB). It is also slugging a collective .318 (28th in MLB) with 10 total home runs (26th in MLB).
- The 25-year-old ranks 26th in ERA (2.55), 27th in WHIP (1.075), and 51st in K/9 (5.6) among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season.
Nationals Starter Joan Adon
- The Nationals will hand the ball to Adon (1-2) for his fourth start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in 6 1/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The 23-year-old has pitched to a 5.87 ERA this season with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 5.3 walks per nine across three games.
- He has started three games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in one of them.
- In three starts this season, Adon has lasted five or more innings one time, with an average of 5.0 innings per appearance.
- The Giants have scored 67 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB. They are batting .230 for the campaign with 15 home runs, fifth in the league.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won nine, or 81.8%, of the 11 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has played as a favorite of -160 or more once this season and won that game.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 61.5% chance to win.
- San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in five of their 16 games with a total this season.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 8-7-0 in 15 games with a spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been underdogs in 12 games this season and have come away with the win four times (33.3%) in those contests.
- This season, Washington has come away with a win two times in four chances when named as an underdog of at least +140 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Nationals have a 41.7% chance of walking away with the win.
- Washington and their opponents have gone over in six of their 17 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Nationals have posted a record of 5-12-0 against the spread this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada has collected a team-best nine runs batted in.
- Of all hitters in baseball, Estrada is 46th in homers and 30th in RBI.
- Brandon Belt has hit four home runs to lead his team.
- Belt ranks sixth in home runs in baseball, and 40th in RBI.
- Joc Pederson is batting .317 with a double, three home runs and a walk.
- Wilmer Flores has four doubles, a home run and four walks while batting .250.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Josh Bell has recorded a team-high batting average of .345 and leads the Nationals in runs batted in with a mark of 12.
- Bell’s home run total places him 46th in the big leagues, and he ranks ninth in RBI.
- Juan Soto’s three home runs lead his team.
- Soto is currently 19th in homers and 206th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Nelson Cruz is hitting .177 with two home runs and seven walks.
- Maikel Franco is hitting .279 with three doubles, two home runs and three walks.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Nationals
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +140. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price