The Washington Nationals (6-9) hope to avoid their fourth straight defeat when they host the San Francisco Giants (8-5) Saturday at 1:05 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -162 favorites, while the Nationals are +139 underdogs as they try to snap their losing skid. Alex Wood gets the starting nod for San Francisco while Aaron Sanchez is Washington’s starter for the contest.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+139) and Over (8.5)
Giants vs. Nationals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Wood
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Aaron Sanchez
- Game Day: Saturday, April 23, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Wood
- Wood (0-0) gets the starting nod for the Giants, his second this season.
- The lefty last pitched on Tuesday, April 12 against the San Diego Padres, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In one appearances this season, he has a 4.15 ERA and 12.5 strikeouts per nine innings, while opponents are hitting .278 against him.
- He will face a Nationals offense that ranks 13th in the league with 54 runs while batting .227 as a squad. It has a collective .320 slugging percentage (24th in MLB action) and has hit a total of eight home runs (28th in MLB).
Nationals Starter Aaron Sanchez
- The Nationals will send out Sanchez for his first start of the season.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 29-year-old right-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Giants have scored 54 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .219 for the campaign with 13 home runs, 10th in the league.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- This season, the Giants have won seven out of the nine games in which they’ve been favored.
- San Francisco has not been a bigger favorite this season than the -162 moneyline set for this game.
- The Giants have a 61.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 14 games with a total this season.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 6-7-0 in 13 games with a spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have been chosen as underdogs in 10 games this year and have walked away with the win four times (40%) in those games.
- This season, Washington has been victorious two times in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +139 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 41.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Washington’s games have gone over the total in five of their 15 opportunities.
- In 15 games with a line this season, the Nationals have a mark of 5-10-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Belt has homered three times this season, the highest mark on the Giants, while hitting .244 with six RBI.
- Among all hitters in baseball, Belt ranks 14th in home runs and 67th in RBI.
- Thairo Estrada has a double, a home run and three walks while batting .234.
- Estrada is 90th in home runs in the majors, and 91st in RBI.
- Joc Pederson leads the Giants with three home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is batting .268 to lead his team.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto has swatted a team- leading three long balls.
- Soto’s home run total places him 14th in MLB, and he is 178th in RBI.
- Josh Bell’s 10 RBI and .346 batting average both lead his team.
- Among all major league hitters, Bell is 90th in home runs and 12th in RBI.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .185 with two home runs and seven walks.
- Maikel Franco has sent home a team-leading 10 runs batted in.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Nationals
We have the Nationals on the moneyline at +139 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after looking at all of the key trends and stats for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 8.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price