The San Francisco Giants (7-5) are set to take on the Washington Nationals (6-8) Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Giants are listed as -132 favorites by oddsmakers, while the underdog Nationals have +112 odds for the contest. San Francisco’s Sam Long gets the start, and he’ll go against Washington’s Patrick Corbin.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Nationals Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Nationals
Our computer pick: Washington Nationals (+112) and Over (9)
Giants vs. Nationals Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Sam Long
- Washington Nationals probable starting pitcher: Patrick Corbin
- Game Day: Friday, April 22, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
San Francisco Giants vs Washington Nationals Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Sam Long
- Long starts for the first time this season for the Giants.
- The 26-year-old left-hander came out of the bullpen in his most recent outing this season, one of two appearances so far.
- Over his two appearances this season, opposing hitters have a collective batting average of only .000 against him. He has a .00 ERA and averages 10.8 strikeouts per nine innings.
- The Nationals are 11th in MLB action with 53 runs scored this season, and are batting .228 with seven home runs (28th in baseball).
Nationals Starter Patrick Corbin
- The Nationals will send Corbin (0-2) to the mound for his fourth start this season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs in 5 1/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 32-year-old has an ERA of 7.50, 8.3 strikeouts per nine innings and an opponent batting average of .333 in three games this season.
- Corbin has made one start of five or more innings in three chances this season, and averages 4.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Giants are batting .209 this season, 23rd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .342 (19th in the league) with 12 home runs.
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won six of the eight games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- San Francisco has a record of 2-2 when favored by -132 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 56.9% chance of a victory for the Giants.
- So far this season, San Francisco and its opponents have hit the over in four of their 13 games with a total.
- The Giants have an ATS record of 5-7-0 in 12 games with a spread this season.
Nationals Betting Picks & Insights
- The Nationals have come away with four wins in the nine contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Washington has been victorious three times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +112 or worse on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nationals have a 47.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Washington and its opponents have gone over the total this season in five of their 14 opportunities.
- The Nationals have an against the spread mark of 5-9-0 in 14 games with a line this season.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Brandon Belt paces the Giants with three home runs and six runs batted in, while putting up a team-high batting average of .263.
- Belt ranks 13th in homers and 58th in RBI among all hitters in baseball.
- Thairo Estrada is hitting .209 with a double, a home run and two walks.
- Estrada is 82nd in home runs and 80th in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Joc Pederson has a team-high three home runs.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .243 with a double, a home run and four walks.
Nationals Leaders & Batting Stats
- Juan Soto has swatted a team-high three home runs.
- In all of the big leagues, Soto ranks 13th in homers and 167th in RBI.
- Josh Bell has 10 runs batted in while hitting .333. Each pace his team.
- Bell is currently 82nd in home runs and 11th in RBI in the major leagues.
- Nelson Cruz is batting .196 with two home runs and six walks.
- Maikel Franco is hitting .275 with three doubles, a home run and three walks.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Nationals
After looking at all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup, our best bet is the Nationals on the moneyline at +112. Our computer picks see the scoring going over the total of 9 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price