The San Francisco Giants (22-18) will try to put a stop to their current four-game losing streak when they host the New York Mets (28-15) at 9:45 PM ET Monday. Bookmakers consider the Giants to be -146 favorites to end their skid, while the Mets are +124 underdogs looking for the upset. Alex Cobb will get the ball for San Francisco while New York counter with David Peterson.
Table of Contents
Giants vs. Mets Spread and Betting Line
|Favorite||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds|
Computer Predictions for Giants vs. Mets
Our computer pick: New York Mets (+124) and Over (7.5)
Giants vs. Mets Game Info
- San Francisco Giants probable starting pitcher: Alex Cobb
- New York Mets probable starting pitcher: David Peterson
- Game Day: Monday, May 23, 2022
- Game Time: 9:45 PM ET
- Location: San Francisco, California
- Stadium: Oracle Park
San Francisco Giants vs New York Mets Pitching Matchup
Giants Starter Alex Cobb
- The Giants are sending Cobb (3-1) out for his seventh start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 5.61 ERA and 32 strikeouts through 25 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Wednesday, the right-hander threw 5 1/3 innings against the Colorado Rockies, giving up seven earned runs while surrendering 10 hits.
- In six games this season, the 34-year-old has amassed a 5.61 ERA and 11.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .286 to opposing batters.
- Cobb has not registered a quality start so far this season.
- Cobb is looking for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.1 frames per appearance on the mound.
- He will take the mound against a Mets offense that ranks first in MLB with 364 total hits (on a .253 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .380 (16th in MLB) with 34 total home runs (21st in MLB).
- Cobb has a 6.23 ERA and a 1.385 WHIP against the Mets this season in 4 1/3 innings pitched, allowing a .316 batting average over one appearance.
Mets Starter David Peterson
- Peterson will make his first start of the season for the Mets.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 26-year-old left-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Giants rank fourth in MLB with 198 runs scored this season. They have a .244 batting average this campaign with 43 home runs (ninth in the league).
Giants Betting Picks & Insights
- The Giants have won 20, or 60.6%, of the 33 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, San Francisco has won 11 of its 18 games, or 61.1%, when favored by at least -146 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Giants, based on the moneyline, is 59.3%.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 22 of their 41 chances.
- The Giants are 18-22-0 against the spread in their 40 chances this season.
Mets Betting Picks & Insights
- The Mets have won in four of the six contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- New York has played as an underdog of +124 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Mets have a 44.6% chance of walking away with the win.
- New York and their opponents have gone over in 19 of their 45 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 43 games with a line this season, the Mets have a mark of 25-18-0 against the spread.
Giants Leaders & Batting Stats
- Thairo Estrada paces the Giants with a team-best batting average of .269.
- Estrada’s home runs place him 189th in the majors, and he is 59th in RBI.
- Wilmer Flores’ 24 runs batted in are a team-high mark.
- Flores ranks 82nd in homers and 22nd in RBI on the season.
- Darin Ruf is batting .238 with five doubles, three home runs and 25 walks.
- Mike Yastrzemski is hitting .300 with eight doubles, three home runs and 14 walks.
- Yastrzemski takes a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last 10 games he is hitting .345 with six doubles, a home run, seven walks and seven RBI.
Mets Leaders & Batting Stats
- Pete Alonso paces the Mets in home runs (10) and runs batted in (37).
- Among all batters in MLB, Alonso ranks seventh in home runs and first in RBI.
- Francisco Lindor is batting .239 with six doubles, six home runs and 21 walks.
- Lindor ranks 42nd in home runs and 22nd in RBI among all major league batters this season.
- Brandon Nimmo is hitting .293 with seven doubles, three triples, three home runs and 22 walks.
- Jeff McNeil leads the Mets with a .306 batting average.
Betting Tips for Giants vs. Mets
We have the Mets on the moneyline at +124 on the moneyline as our best bet in this contest after analyzing all of the key trends and statistics for this matchup. Our computer prediction sees the scoring going over the total of 7.5 runs.
Sign up for a FREE Consultation to start working with Legendary Sports Bettor Jon Price